Springfield Sar-8 Price Check

PDA

nwilliams
December 22, 2008, 08:35 PM
A local Shop has a Sar-8 Sporter for sale and I'm curious if its a good deal or not. Its a post-ban style with the thumbhole stock and fake compensator, it looks unfired but only comes with one plastic mag. The reciever is marked "EBO, Greece, Hellenic Arms"

It looks pretty much exactly like this one, except the one I'm looking at has a fake flash hider.
http://securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/0100/129.htm

The shop wants $1200 for it.

If this is a good price then I'll consider putting some money down on it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Springfield Sar-8 Price Check" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
geojap
December 22, 2008, 08:40 PM
What did the www.falfiles.com say about this?

MGshaggy
December 22, 2008, 09:10 PM
Its a fair price, especially given the madness thats driving the gun market these days. Its not a screaming deal, but your not being taken for a sucker either. The Greek SAR8's are made on HK licensed tooling and are a very high quality clone, with the obvious deficiencies such as the thumbhole stock and the fake flash hider. I own several, including two overstamped SAR3's (IIRC), and have been quite happy with them.

If you enjoyed reading about "Springfield Sar-8 Price Check" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!