Impact Guns experiences??

PDA

Cypress
December 22, 2008, 08:40 PM
I ordered a small item from Impact Guns a couple of weeks ago and there appears to be a problem with my order. I have E-mailed them to try and get sort things out but am apparently being ignored. I was just curious if anybody here had done business with them and if there were any problems. I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt being the holiday season plus the whole Obama thing but I'm not going to be polite about it forever. Anyway, good or bad comments would be welcome. I'm just trying to get an idea of the type of people I'm dealing with. Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Impact Guns experiences??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
GTFord1
December 22, 2008, 09:01 PM
Did you actually find a good price on something from them? I've never bought from them, but they come up in Google a lot when you search for guns, and I don't recall ever seeing any of the prices that I'd call attractive.

bragood
December 22, 2008, 09:03 PM
I used them once. Did you call them? Theyre very nice and easy to get in touch with.

taliv
December 22, 2008, 09:07 PM
normally, i'd say they are one of "those" companies with a long history of complaints (http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/impact-guns-c26170.html)

but in the last two months, everyone really is having a difficult time returning calls and email, so I'd say just be patient.

UnTainted
December 22, 2008, 10:46 PM
I bought my 460 performance center 6.5" from them and they took great care of me. I'm sure I'll do business with them again, but I'm a local for them and don't have to use their online storefront if I don't want...

mljdeckard
December 22, 2008, 11:20 PM
I'm a local too, and I have mixed feelings about them. They carry lots of eye candy, their range is fine, etc. I've had their gunsmith install some night sights and adjust some triggers. Their management triple-checks all of the sales paperwork. They have a low-price guarantee, and I've always found them to be the cheapest, or close enough that it wasn't worth it to drive back across town. I've probably bought an equal number of guns from them and Sportsman's Warehouse.

My main problem with them is the help. I've heard them tell customers stuff that is outrageous, I've heard them engage in what is technically the unlicensed practice of law. They speak in way too many absolutes, and they don't seem to know fact from opinion. They are afraid to admit it when they just don't know. Over time, I have observed that they have a handful of old-timers who have been there a long time, who probably are the ones who stay out of verbal trouble, and they turn over a LOT of twenty-something loudmouths who probably cause most of the problems. I decided a long time ago to just go and get what I want, and don't listen to anything any of them say.

I have an embarassing amount of customer service experience and management, and I applied to work in their internet ordering and customer service center. I think I asked for so much pay I made them choke. There are plenty of 19 year-olds willing to do the job for $8 an hour, they don't have to put up with know-it-alls like me. The internet shop is an addition on the back of their main building.

Currently they are cleaned out of everything, just like every other gun dealer. They are crammed every day with customers looking both for things they DO and DON'T have in stock. They are working around the election panic, the hunting season, and the holidays. For a place that likes to run everything on the bare minimum, they are hammered right now.

I would call them, say that you have had problems accessing your email for technical reasons, and you can't remember what you ordered from them, and you need a confirmation of what you ordered, and when it shipped out. They should at least pretend to be friendly and helpful.

Big Bill
December 23, 2008, 05:43 PM
I was very interested in this thread because I had placed my first ever online order with them. I bought a Mosin Nagant 91/30 and a kit for it on the 13th. Well, I decided to pay by CC instead of money order and that speeded things up considerably.

Today, the 23rd, I got the gun and accessories and couldn't be happier. For $124, I got the Rifle (in really good condition) which included the bayonet and tools and leather sling and leather ammo pouches. I am VERY HAPPY with the deal I got and with thier sercive. If you sent them a check, they won't send your order till it clears their bank. I also bought 880 rounds of ammo for it for $151 from SG and look forward to shooting it asap.

Cypress
December 23, 2008, 07:27 PM
The item I ordered was a book and I paid with a CC. I haven't heard a peep from them since I ordered on 10-9-08. I attempted to call twice and there were twenty something callers ahead of me. The phone call would cost more than the book. The link that Taliv put up is very comforting.

IdahoLT1
December 25, 2008, 06:32 PM
Never had any problems with them but they do have a shop/store/range here.

ArmedBear
December 25, 2008, 10:17 PM
They stock little parts for AR's. If I've tweaked spring, and once got a LPK with a few missing parts. Walked in, paid a few cents to a few bucks, depending, walked out, had a working AR in minutes.

Can't complain.

Also had their smith fix a stuck round in my rifle; they didn't charge me anything. I wasn't shooting at their range -- just walked in with a jammed rifle.

Nice people here, too.

Haven't bought a whole gun from them.

If you enjoyed reading about "Impact Guns experiences??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!