Missouri Bullet Company

PDA

atlanticfire
December 22, 2008, 11:59 PM
Just a quick blerb to give a 1+ to Missouri Bullet company. I Odered several items from there site and am very happy. The 500S&W bullets where a great deal and are of good quality. Might want to check them out :)
http://www.missouribullet.com/index.php

If you enjoyed reading about "Missouri Bullet Company" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dwave
December 23, 2008, 12:18 PM
I liked their .45 200gr. SWCs but the .38 158 gr. SWC I wasn't happy with. They obviously came from two different molds because the groove above the lube groove is in different locations for several of the bullets. It wouldn't much for my .38, but my .357 mag needs a good crimp.

schmeky
December 23, 2008, 12:27 PM
I have bought about 5,000 bullets from this outfit in the past 3 months. Their 170 LSWC, .40 S&W is a tack driver in my CZ-75. I have been very pleased with all their .45 cast bullets; 200 LSWC and 230 LRN.

I have loaded up a batch of 147 LSWC's in 9mm I'm going to try out in my CZ-SP-01 during holidays.

Prices are very, very, good and shipping/service for me has been excellent; quality has been consistent for me too. If I order on-line Monday, I have package on my door step Wednesday or Thursday at the latest.

They have become my cast bullet supplier because they've earned it.

lonewolf5347
December 23, 2008, 01:36 PM
Brad: who owns the company is a great guy to deal with .I been shooting the 200 grain SWC in my 1911 #1 at a FPS around 850 and I yet to get any barrel leading.
I did have a bad box at one time seem they drop out of the mold at different diameters;he did replace the box and gave me 1/2 off my next purchase

jjohnson
December 23, 2008, 02:26 PM
Thanks for taking the time to post. Good news is as important to me as bad news (like, oh, say, National Bullet Company:what:).

I buy from 'the little guys' - you know, people who actually cast the bullets, not Cabela's or Gander Mountain. I'm price AND quality conscious, so it's good to know who's naughty and who's nice :D in the bullet business. Every time somebody reports good business with bullet makers, that moves them up on my own 'favored' list. I suspect many of you do what I do - buy from different suppliers because sometimes one is out of stock - or lately, out of business :uhoh: so I appreciate the report.

rbernie
December 23, 2008, 03:44 PM
I like the company and their products a lot, but their 125gr 9mm bullet won't work in my CZs and HPs; it's too fat and short to fit in the chamber of these pistols. It works just fine in my M&Ps and Sigs, however.

I'm buying their Cowboy #2 bullet for range work, and it's both economical and works just fine.

They have become my cast bullet supplier because they've earned it.I've been shopping from both Dardas and Missouri. I like the Dardas' 124gr 9mm profile better than the Missouri 125gr offering but the Dardas packaging always seem to come apart in transit to me, with some loss of product and a huge hassle to get the USPS weenies to deal with it. (The local PO actually called the Postal Inspector in a panic when they found a handful of my 9mm cast bullets on the floor of their facility.)

At least Missouri's boxes hold up better in transit, and they've learned to pack the boxes inside a heavy plastic film bag before sealing it in the USPS flat rate box. I have had ZERO product loss from Missouri.

schmeky
December 23, 2008, 04:49 PM
rbernie,

You're experience mirrors mine. I have tried several different bullet suppliers. The packaging from Missouri is far superior and the contents always makes it to me intact.

I have had bullets on my carport from the packaging "leaking" out from other suppliers as well as loose bullets inside the shipping box:cuss:

Galil5.56
December 23, 2008, 05:26 PM
Midstates Bullets used to (maybe still do) ship their bullets in thermal sealed, super HD clear plastic bags inside the box... Only way to ship, and even *when* the shipper destroys the box, and blows out the corners, the bullets stay in the box sealed and not contaminated.

45ACPUSER
December 23, 2008, 08:16 PM
I have shot up 6k of 9mm and 45ACP bullets from Missouri Bullets! I will buy more!

Jeffs_Dad
December 23, 2008, 09:34 PM
+1 on Missouri Bullet Company. A good reputation always stands out in a crowd. jp

Corner Pocket
December 23, 2008, 10:42 PM
I've ordered several times from these folks. Excellent packaging, excellent service, excellent products!

Corner Pocket

dardascastbullets
December 24, 2008, 06:34 PM
We have been shipping our bullets in Tyvek bags for several weeks now. There are certain routes where the Postal workers don't give a hoot about handling packages. The tyvek bags are the answer to the rough handing - zero fallout or punctures.

dwave
December 25, 2008, 11:13 AM
****UPDATE!****
Earlier I wrote:
SWCs but the .38 158 gr. SWC I wasn't happy with. They obviously came from two different molds because the groove above the lube groove is in different locations for several of the bullets.

Brad read this and contacted me and offered to replace the bullets. I was very impressed with this myself and I believe that I'll be getting another order from them.

MissouriBullet
December 25, 2008, 12:11 PM
dwave and all -

We will do what it takes to satisfy our customers. I explained the mould situation to dwave in a private message. In a nutshell, Magma Engineering mistakenly shipped us a half-set of .358 158 grain SWC moulds that were off their standard design from a cutter that was not supposed to have been used. We weren't aware of the groove difference problem until it was brought to our attention a month or so ago. We have replaced bullets for customers who got mixed batches of .38's and .357's made from these moulds.

Know this - any customer who has a problem with our bullets will learn from other forums that we will cheerfully take care of problems to the customer's satisfaction, because we are in this for the long haul and are aware that that a happy customer is a future customer.

We make it a policy to not tout our products in public forums, because that is tacky and rude, and shows no class. Our style is to let our customers speak for us - but this needs to be said: Just let us know, directly, if there is a problem and we will do what it takes to solve it.

Now, everyone resume their Holiday cheer!

Best,

Brad

Galil5.56
December 25, 2008, 12:34 PM
Brad,

Any chance .30 cal bullets in several diameters and weights will be offered in the near future? How about alternate sizing for 9mm and ".38" bullets... Looked in the FAQ, and did not see anything to answer my question.

Thanks, happy holidays, and I like that you did not add a link to your business in your post.

schmeky
December 25, 2008, 02:53 PM
Fixin' to place another order with Missouri Bullet. Tried their 147 gn cast, 9mm "subsonic" bullet. Outstanding accuracy and absolutely "NO LEADING" using reduced charges as listed by Winchester Western.

Function was 100% reliable in my CZ SP-01.:p

rbernie
December 25, 2008, 05:22 PM
There are certain routes where the Postal workers don't give a hoot about handling packages.That would include mine. :)

dwave
December 29, 2008, 06:19 PM
****Update #2****

Got my 158 Gr. SWCs replaced and the new ones are peachy! Got shipped out quickly. Very happy with the replacements, thanks Brad!

Oh and about the post office routes, my box looks like it fell out of the back of the truck during shipping, but NO bullets were lost at all. I like that Brad puts them in a plastic bag for shipping. Crappy post office doesn't do a very good job around here most of the time. Heck, the postman won't even deliver packages, I have to go get them 99% of the time!

schmeky
December 29, 2008, 06:26 PM
A supplier has to package bullets to make them "Postal Proof". Missouri Bullet does this consistently.

When I used to work in a shipping and recieving warehouse in my college days, the UPS drivers had a standing joke: "Packages marked FRAGILE meant throw them under-hand, not over-hand".

edSky
December 29, 2008, 06:57 PM
I currently only reload jacketed roundnose and hollowpoint bullets. Do I need any additional tools to reload using lead bullets?

MissouriBullet
December 29, 2008, 08:49 PM
Galil5.56 wrote:

"Brad,

Any chance .30 cal bullets in several diameters and weights will be offered in the near future? How about alternate sizing for 9mm and ".38" bullets... Looked in the FAQ, and did not see anything to answer my question.

Thanks, happy holidays, and I like that you did not add a link to your business in your post."

We actually do have a .309 165 grain bevel-base rifle bullet. It isn't listed yet as we aren't finshed testing, but should be soon.

And we do offer some custom sizing for .38 and 9mm. Some customers like their 9mm's sized to .358 so we do that. We can size .38's down to .356, with .357 being the standard for our DEWC PPC bullet, but we can do those in .358. So if you have a special sizing need, drop us an email and we will do what we can.

Brad

dwave
December 29, 2008, 09:11 PM
Hey edSky, I used to load my 357's and 45's with jacketed only. When I switched over to lead, I didn't buy anything extra. The only thing that I had to do was adjust my dies for a different seating depth and crimp. You MAY have to bell the pistol cases a bit more because most of the time the lead is about .001 over the jacketed size, not much, but a little.

Galil5.56
December 29, 2008, 09:23 PM
Galil5.56 wrote:

"Brad,

Thanks, happy holidays, and I like that you did not add a link to your business in your post."

We actually do have a .309 165 grain bevel-base rifle bullet. It isn't listed yet as we aren't finshed testing, but should be soon.

And we do offer some custom sizing for .38 and 9mm. Some customers like their 9mm's sized to .358 so we do that. We can size .38's down to .356, with .357 being the standard for our DEWC PPC bullet, but we can do those in .358. So if you have a special sizing need, drop us an email and we will do what we can.

Brad

Thanks, and if you could also consider .310"-314" sizing to cover more bases/calibers, that would be great. I'm one of those folks who like 9mm and .38 bullets sized .358", so it's nice to know I can get them sized how I like when I'm in a "feeling lazy, let someone else but me cast them" mood.

Shrinkmd
January 26, 2009, 10:32 PM
I'm curious about people's experiences with the 357 158 Grain SWC. The web site says they are for magnum velocities! I found some load data here on (http://www.handloads.org/loaddata/default.asp?Caliber=357%20Magnum&Weight=158&type=Handgun&Order=Powder&Source=Alliant) which suggests 5.9 - 6.5 of Bullseye with a Fed 200 primer. Has anyone shot this load or anything similar.

I really like the price of those bullets compared to oregon trail laser cast or FMJ. I think I may be shooting a lot more 357 in the near future! Can anyone comment how these bullets compare to the Oregon Trail as far as leading and how hard you can drive them?

Thanks

edSky
January 26, 2009, 10:37 PM
Slightly off topic, but I bought two boxes of 9mm bullets - 125gr and 147gr - and they came quickly, in good shape, and they look nice. Have loaded some of the 147gr but haven't taken a trip to the range. I give them an A+ for customer service.

ls0n3
January 26, 2009, 11:24 PM
nice to see Brad is on both the forums I check for reloading :)
I ordered 1k 45 acp bullets from them not too long ago, and they were as secure as could be expected. They ship fast as all heck.

I know when it comes time to order more, Ill be giving their site a visit again.

slightly off topic, but its nice to see that with MBC and dardas here, we got two solid bullet suppliers for us! great prices & customer service!

MissouriBullet
January 27, 2009, 11:24 PM
It's been a long long day. Equipment problems. Day shift manager out sick 2nd day in a row. Total drought on the soft lead shipment that was due last week, orders for the soft bullets stacking up and I can't fill them immediately. 10 hours in the shop fighting every piece of equipment today, making .45 SoftBall!, .45 IDP #1, 9mm SmallBall, .357 Magnum. The pneumatic sprue whackers on casters #1 and #3 failed within 5 minutes of one another (had spares, fortunately.)

So late in the day I get this email:

Order No. xxx

I received my order, and have a couple of quality control comments.

First, the USPS Priority mail package was relatively undamaged, however the internal Missouri Bullet Co. bullet pack was split open and a number of the bullets were loose in the plastic bag.

I believe this is due to the packaging method. Bullets in one corner of the USPS box, and light filler in the other three fourths of the box. That makes it unwieldy to pick up and probably caused the box to be dropped several times. The mass should be in the center of the box.

Second, 58 of the bullets have varying degrees of lubrication loss. Most have lost lube on at least one fourth of their circumference. Since I have no way to lube these bullets, I guess they are \"throw aways\".

Your literature packed with the bullets indicates that you\'ve experienced a significant increase in business lately, and I wonder if you are hurrying the casting/lubrication process in order to speed up production. I certainly expected the bullets to arrive in better shape than these.

I have photos if you wish, but I need a valid e-mail address to send them.

Sincerely,

>Joe Customer<

Well, this caught me at a real bad moment. My wife warned me not to, but I did it:

Mr. >Customer< -

I have refunded your entire purchase price.

I am sorry that you are dissatisfied both with the quality of our bullets and our having caused the post office to drop the shipping carton, rupturing the bullet box and the 3-inch tape we wrapped it with. Because the cardboard structural components we use to strengthen the integrity do require that a single box be sited in one corner of the carton, there will be a weight imbalance and evidently, this justifies the USPS to abuse the cartons they provide us for our shipments.

The Thompson Blue Angel lube we use is the best in the business, very expensive, hard, and sticky. We apply it at 80 PSI at 135 degrees F. It stays on bullets very well unless the bullets are subjected to a rapid temperature delta (like, from the 10 degree weather here and then to the 75 degree post office) and then dropped from the back of a truck. But I guess that since we caused them to drop it several times, I shouldn't be surprised that your bullets arrived in bad shape.

Mr. Customer, I am providing three URL's (below) for you. These are fine, upstanding bullet companies whose prices aren't much higher than ours and I am certain that they will happily re-engineer their shipping procedure to ensure that your single box of bullets is centered in the shipping carton, thus not causing the post office personnel to drop it several times. I wouldn't recommend your buying insurance for your order from them, either, as I'm sure they'll happily refund your purchase price if they screw up and cause the post office to drop your carton, as we did.

> 3 bullet casting company URL's<

Sincerely,

Brad Alpert

ps - I'm not sure what your definition of a "valid email address" is, since you obviously used it email us your complaint

--
Brad Alpert
Operations Manager
Missouri Bullet Company
www.missouribullet.com

So I am a bad Operations Manager. I do try to work with people but sometimes a guy just had to kind of cut loose and this was one of those times.

Time for a beer.

broylzGlock35
January 28, 2009, 12:59 AM
i am preparing to make an order from them also. i am getting into reloading for my Glock 35.

which .40 bullet so you think will work better for light target loads, the 170swc or the 180fp? i know most of the fmj i shoot now is either 180 or 165 flat points and that each gun may be picky in its own right but just curious about an opinion.

i will be shooting these with a Lone Wolf barrel using Unique. i will also be getting a LWD 40-9 barrel and probably shooting the lead out of that too, a different size obvioulsly.

i look forward to doing business with them, just have to wait for the first. i like all the good things i hear about them and am also glad to see they take an interest in their customers and participate in the research like these forums. Glad too see they support the LE/Military crowd also.

ls0n3
January 28, 2009, 03:20 PM
I chuckled :)

Robert Palermo /Penn Bullets
January 28, 2009, 03:25 PM
Gee, I thought I was the only one in the whole world that had days and customers like that. Welcome to the club. Its a small fraternity. I'm thinking about having jackets made up.
Don't worry,the first 30 years are the hardest. after that it's ALL downhill.:D

edSky
January 28, 2009, 03:49 PM
I had three loose bullets rattling around in my shipping box. I thought they were extras. Now I need to go back and count them all. Doh!

Landric
February 2, 2009, 04:44 AM
I recently ordered 1000 158 grain SWC bullets from Missouri Bullet Co. for .38 Special reloading. The bullets arrived well packaged and very promptly (not to mention at a very reasonable price). QC was excellent and loading them was a dream.

I haven't had a chance to make it to the range with my handloads yet (this was my first Missouri Bullet order), but I expect them to work as well as they look. My primary shooting buddy ordered 1000 158 grain RN bullets for .38 Special and shot a match with them last weekend. He was very pleased, so I expect the same.

Assuming all goes well (as I expect it to), I'll be placing another order soon for more 158 grain SWCs and some 240 grain RNFP for .44 Special that I plan to start loading for soon.

Great job Missouri Bullet Co.!

RippinSVT
February 2, 2009, 05:29 AM
I bought 1000 rds of their 9mm 125gr LRN "Small Balls" a few days back, and got the privilege of loading about 100 of them for the first time tonight, and I can say with complete certainty that after I got my press dialed in, these bullets loaded as smooth as can be. I will be buying a LOT more from them.

lonewolf5347
February 2, 2009, 08:12 AM
Missouri bullet company.
I been dealing with him now a little over a year I must of ordered 6 to 8 boxes of #1 200 swc in 200 grain for my 1911 .I think I ran into one box with problems.I e mailed him and we also talked about it on the phone and the issue was resolved .I have to say he stands behind what he sells

If you enjoyed reading about "Missouri Bullet Company" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!