Looking for Sig P239 CCW holster options...

PDA

Macchina
December 23, 2008, 10:11 AM
I just got a Sig P239, and I am planning on carrying it. Right now it is around 0 degrees and we have 15 inches of snow with another 10 on the way: concealing an AR-15 would not be difficult. I am looking for the right holster to be able to conceal the gun with just a thin shirt on. I currently have a cheap Don Hume slide holster that was $20 at the gun shop I bought the gun from. The holster is actually quite nice, but the but hangs off my body a bit more than I would like. I have a Rafter S belt on the way, so that may take care of some of that. I don't know if I want IWB, but if there is a nice "comfortable" holster for it, I'll give it a try. Otherwise, what are some of the most concealing OWB holsters?

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for Sig P239 CCW holster options..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
KBintheSLC
December 23, 2008, 02:59 PM
I normally carry my P239 IWB at 4 oclock in a Blackhawk size 6... sometimes I toss it in a Fobus paddle holster OWB at 3 oclock. Neither of the holsters are expensive or fancy, but they do work.

SeanMTX
December 23, 2008, 03:06 PM
I carry a HK and Glock in different Crossbreed Supertuck holsters and love them.

They're uber comfortable, and can conceal in this Texas heat with a silk shirt on. At about $70 each they're less than some of the more exotic ones out there and at about 9 months of age on mine, it looks like it'll be around for the next 10 years.

I recommended this holster to a cop friend and a civvie friend and both swear by it.
I highly recommend them.

Pawpaw40
December 25, 2008, 01:13 AM
I carry a 239 in a Milt Sparks VM2. Comfortable, concealable. 6 month wait from Sparks. Got mine in about a week from http://www.lightningarms.com/. It was about a $40 premium over what it would cost from Milt Sparks though.

Peakbagger46
January 6, 2009, 06:55 PM
I us a desantis OWB holster for it for off duty carry. Not sure what the modle is, but it is the one with the two slots in the front for straight/canted carry. Holds very close to the body and works well in warm weather or cold.

Trebor
January 7, 2009, 03:22 AM
I use a Galco Summer Comfort when I carry my Sig 239.

I wrote a detailed review of the holster and my experiences with it over at epinions.

Galco Summer Comfort - Comfortable Concealment (http://www.epinions.com/review/Galco_Summer_Comfort_1911_5_Rh_Nat/content_423879937668)

Guns_are_good
January 7, 2009, 11:26 PM
The Crossbreed Supertuck holsters look nice.
SeanMTX - How does the Kydex portion of the holster affect the finish of the gun when carrying daily?

Thanks.

Storm
January 8, 2009, 10:12 AM
I use a Galco OWB Concealable that keeps the gun in nice and tight.

don95sml
January 8, 2009, 08:59 PM
If you decide to go IWB, I would definitely recommend a High Noon "Tail Gunner with Straps" (about $70). If you shoot any competition, you'll need a holder for 2 mags; High Noon "Double Take" is great (about $37). Delivery is not swift, since they have a waiting list, but the superb quality is worth waiting for. Check out their web site.

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for Sig P239 CCW holster options..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!