Six Day turn around time on Ruger LCP recall

PDA

Lone_Gunman
December 23, 2008, 06:40 PM
I sent my Ruger LCP off last Wednesday, and got it back today (Tuesday). Free Cap and extra magazine included.

I am very pleased with how they have handled the recall!

If you enjoyed reading about "Six Day turn around time on Ruger LCP recall" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
John3-16
December 23, 2008, 06:48 PM
I got my 2 back in 7 days

Rodentman
December 23, 2008, 06:58 PM
Got mine back in a week. Goes to the range tomorrow along with a sticky PPK. I hope the Walther just needs more rounds thru it.

orionengnr
December 23, 2008, 07:04 PM
Dropped mine off at UPS Store last Wednesday aound 1800. It was delivered to my home yesterday afternoon. Less than five full days start to finish.

Graymutt
December 23, 2008, 07:43 PM
Mine was in the mail for three days because of weather last week, mailed it on Monday it got there on Wendesday I received it back on monday the following week. I was very surprised.

bensdad
December 23, 2008, 07:59 PM
Their customer service dept. means business. I sent mine on a Mon. and got it back on Fri... with an extra mag and a dorky hat. :)

P90shooter
December 23, 2008, 08:02 PM
That is some awesome news. How long were you on the list before you got your box from Ruger?

Graymutt
December 23, 2008, 08:37 PM
I was on the list for one month. but Now I know that if I would have had a email they might have sent me the information that plus a padded envelope and box would have gotten it out quicker. I was bugging them once a week until they sent the box.

thegooch
December 24, 2008, 01:16 AM
It took about 1 1/2 months to get the box. But it only took 5 days for me to get it back.

UPS picked up on Monday and it was back in my hands on Friday.

Lone_Gunman
December 24, 2008, 08:39 AM
with an extra mag and a dorky hat.

Big 10-4 on the dorky hat!

I would have prefered they send one that just had the Ruger Logo on it, and not announce me as a likely to be carrying an LCP.

Lone_Gunman
December 24, 2008, 08:40 AM
----

22lr
December 24, 2008, 09:46 AM
Got to hand it to em, they don't beat around the bush. Glad to see someone handling a recall the right way.

The free mag thing is an amazing idea that I think others will start to use.

Milspec78
December 30, 2008, 06:02 PM
I think that two months waiting for Ruger to correct a manufacturing defect is unacceptable, especially since they're cranking out new "371" series LCP's now. Ruger should catch up on their recall backlog as a higher priority than building new ones... :(

Edit: Spoke with the Ruger LCP Recall Hotline Lady this afternoon. She said that the holidays have slowed things up a bit...but if I don't receive my mailing box by Monday I should call back and they'll figure something out.... :)

Milspec :D

subierex
January 13, 2009, 09:27 AM
Not to bring a thread back from the dead, but...

Does anyone know if Ruger will email you when the LCP is shipping back to its owner? Mine's been gone most of two weeks and I really don't want it to just show up and sit outside my front door all day.

okespe04
January 13, 2009, 01:57 PM
Mine took 12 days but I shipped it out right before Christmas.

Also, it will come to your door and they require you to sign for it. If you are not home they they will leave a note and come back later.

Dodgeit
January 13, 2009, 02:33 PM
Mine took 7 days to come back. The finger extension mag sucks, because it repositions my hand so that I push the mag release every time I pull the trigger. :(

Tirod
January 13, 2009, 05:16 PM
It will ship with the serial number as an alternative to search with on UPS.

Pull up tracking, punch in your SN, and watch the magic.

I got mine back in 12 days - over two weekends and Xmas. I wanted the magazine. The trigger came back smoother and I've had no problems.

The recall is not about a defect - the LCP met government standards. It's about Ruger making it better than government standards, and taking care of the customer. After all, the three people who somehow dropped their gun and shot something could be indicative of a larger number of LCP owners who have poor coordination or hand strength.

Most Single Action Army revolvers, 1911's, and such don't have drop safeties either. Those guys seem to be aware of the situation. They don't drop them.

moooose102
January 13, 2009, 05:23 PM
it took about a month and a half to get my shipping box in the mail. mine has been gone 8 days now. should be soon. personally, since i do ccw the thing, the only place i would wear the hat is when i go shooting. and if it is really that dorkey, maybe not then. time will tell.

KBintheSLC
January 13, 2009, 07:00 PM
Ruger's service is awesome. And now that Bill is gone (god bless him), they are not as anti as they used to be.

OleCodger
January 13, 2009, 09:08 PM
Shipped mine the latter part of December.....still waiting. I have a written agreement with both UPS and Fedex to leave packages at my front door in our absence but not sure if Ruger will allow that....guess I'll find out soon. Come to think of it, that probably is my decision and not Rugers......

subierex
January 14, 2009, 08:25 AM
Thanks all. I guess I'm just a little impatient. :D

OleCodger
January 14, 2009, 08:38 AM
Oooops Okespe04, skimmed your message. You answered my question.....Tnx.....

If you enjoyed reading about "Six Day turn around time on Ruger LCP recall" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!