how do you like that ?

PDA

Shung
December 24, 2008, 10:58 AM
After watching Gran Torino, I thought it was my duty to take my garand out of the safe and give her a late sunbath and take a nice picture of it !

How do you like it ? Of course, i had the wood refinished by myself. i did it because this 30-06 garand is not a WW2 era garand, and has no real "History" behind it.

It is a Garand made by beretta with Winchester tools after the war, and that was issued to the Danish Army.

The barrel and mechanic are like new !!! I can hit a basket ball at 300m without much troubles..

personnaly, I love my AR's and Ak, but my Garand is something special !

http://i74.servimg.com/u/f74/11/94/71/06/garand10.jpg

merry Xmas to all of you !

If you enjoyed reading about "how do you like that ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rich636
December 24, 2008, 11:00 AM
It's beautiful Shung!

kb308
December 24, 2008, 11:42 AM
Nice rifle man!

James T Thomas
December 24, 2008, 12:28 PM
Your refinishing is very good. Perhaps you could have had it done by a professional, but then, you would not have the satisfaction of doing it your self.

The mechanism appears great too.

The fact that it is a post war made piece does not detract from it in my view.

I am more of a sporter; bolt action admirer, but when I view a piece like yours, I have second thoughts.

Shung
December 24, 2008, 01:01 PM
Thx for your comments.

As you said, refinishing the wood was really a pleasure.. I started it again twice, because I wasnt satisfied the 1st time.. not dark enough ;)

it had a lot of bumps and hits... i had to make them disapear with vapor and hot water, and than i sanded it again.. many times.

now it really looks cool in my mind.. not new, but not too beaten neither.

Loggerlee
December 24, 2008, 01:45 PM
Looks just like a Garand,and that's good enough.

FMJMIKE
December 24, 2008, 09:32 PM
Great looking Garand!!!
:D

karnaaj
December 24, 2008, 09:42 PM
Nice!

dstark
December 25, 2008, 12:50 AM
Nice looking rifle, I would'nt mind one myself

Kind of Blued
December 25, 2008, 03:17 AM
I imagine shooting basketballs gets expensive. :)

Nice Garand. How was that flick by the way? I'm thinking about checking it out.

Shung
December 25, 2008, 09:19 AM
How was that flick

I am sorry. I don't understand what you mean... my english sucks..

Golden Hound
December 25, 2008, 09:22 AM
Flick is just a slang term for movie. It comes from the old days when the frames of film used to flicker.

Shung
December 25, 2008, 12:55 PM
Ok, I get it ! thx !

Well, I enjoyed the movie, even though the end kinda surprised me !

If you enjoyed reading about "how do you like that ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!