To: Agent-J, From: County District Court Judge

PDA

Agent-J
December 24, 2008, 05:33 PM
"You have been granted permission to take possession of the listed pistol."

Friday I'm going to pick up my 229R elite. Yay me.

If you enjoyed reading about "To: Agent-J, From: County District Court Judge" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
KBintheSLC
December 24, 2008, 07:31 PM
It was nice of his highness the judge to "grant permission" for you to exercise your constitutional rights. :(

Great choice BTW...

jimmyraythomason
December 24, 2008, 07:34 PM
KBintheSLC,that is EXACTLY what I thought when I read this. Congrats,Agent-J

gtmtnbiker98
December 24, 2008, 10:16 PM
Congrats and thank God that I live in a FREE State.

Marcus L.
December 24, 2008, 11:15 PM
It seems you are a worthy subject of his excellency.

Congrats on your pistol!

Agent-J
December 25, 2008, 12:39 AM
it only took 7 months to get my permit and finally get a pistol.

bgeddes
December 25, 2008, 12:42 AM
it only took 7 months to get my permit and finally get a pistol.

Holy Toledo!!

I get impatient when it takes the gun shop guy more than 3 or 4 minutes on the phone with the state.

alaskanativeson
December 25, 2008, 01:05 AM
I've lived in Alaska and Utah long enough that I've forgotten what it's like to have problems getting firearms. I don't ever want to be in a place where I can't buy whatever I want.

toivo
December 25, 2008, 04:57 AM
Agent-J, what state are you in? I'm in New York, and 3 to 6 months is the standard wait time for your initial permit, but adding a new pistol to the permit is a walk-in-walk-out procedure at the Sheriff's office, at least in my county.

Congrats on your new gun!

outerlimit
December 25, 2008, 06:30 AM
It's a good thing we have such learned magistrates...
to let us know when we may exercise some of our 2nd Amendment Constitutional Rights.

What would we do without them.

notorious
December 25, 2008, 06:35 AM
Man, I thought we had it bad in the People's Republic of Kalifornistan... at least I still get to buy our limited selection of neutered firearms without prior permission and just wait out the 10 days.

Agent-J
December 25, 2008, 10:03 AM
I'm in NY too. Same thing, except you have to add your first gun to your permit just like your 10th.

If you enjoyed reading about "To: Agent-J, From: County District Court Judge" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!