Henry big boy .45 colt rifle

PDA

ponch2221
December 24, 2008, 08:28 PM
Is this a good rifle? I'm interested in purchasing a .45 repeater and I would like to know my best option. I would like to start my rifle collection with a repeater since they are different from the stuff I used to shoot in the military.

If you enjoyed reading about "Henry big boy .45 colt rifle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cland
December 25, 2008, 12:06 AM
I have never handled or fired the Henry .45 LC rifle, but I do own a Winchester Model 92 in .45LC and it is a well made, accurate rifle. Somehow I have the feeling that the Henry rifle is cheaper made of less quality material. I hope that I am wrong on that.

ohwell
December 25, 2008, 01:17 AM
I also was looking at the Henry but after a little research I instead bought a Marlin 1894 cowboy in 45LC. It just seemed like a better rifle to me. Im not sure how the brass reciever holds up on the Henry the Marlin just seemed like a better built and nicer looking rifle to me.

Loggerlee
December 25, 2008, 07:52 AM
Don't have the 45 LC
bought my wife a little .22lr Henry last year,shoots very good,one of the better ones out there,IMO

MilsurpShooter
December 26, 2008, 07:01 AM
Can't beat a Henry action, smoothest out of the box that I've ever felt. Their customer service is pretty good and the balance on the rifle itself isn't bad at all.

Only thing I don't like about it is the tube fed magazine as opposed to a side loading gate.

If you enjoyed reading about "Henry big boy .45 colt rifle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!