Rifle choice

PDA

MM
December 25, 2008, 10:09 AM
First, Merry Christmas!
I work with a fella,who has offered to sell me either or both for $800.00:

NIB Colt A-3 or like new Springfield M1A Scout.

As far as actual need, I have an A-3 AK Bushy and a PTR-91, so the "mission" is covered.
I would probably be able to re-sell either offered rifle for profit (I think-the future is not looking especially bright for "evil rifles"- possible impending ban on new gun sales) for a profit, and have advised my buddy he could do the same, but for his own reasons, whatever those may be, he is not inclined to go that route.
I'm trying to acquire both, but present buying has depleted immediate cash reserves, so, I'm leaning towards buying the Scout as a keeper, or possibly buying the Colt for re-sale, then buying the scout. I'm not looking to gouge anyone, but I think there will be buyer(s) for this nice Colt at a price point significantly higher than $ 800.00.
How does this last strategy strike those of you who buy and trade?
Thanks for informed replies.
MM

If you enjoyed reading about "Rifle choice" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RSVP2RIP
December 25, 2008, 12:33 PM
Well the colt is gonna rise in value as opposed the the springfield scout which won't out-pace the rise in inflation. If you want it just for the investment go with the colt and let the scout ride.

gunmaker2872
December 25, 2008, 01:28 PM
cant beat the m6 when it comes to a survival gun, and the colt is top's, id get em both, well actually i already have both:D

DRYHUMOR
December 25, 2008, 06:50 PM
Why don't you sell one you already have and buy both.

Dave P
December 25, 2008, 06:54 PM
or both for $800.00:

This is definitely the right choice - both rifles for 800$.

browningguy
December 25, 2008, 08:54 PM
I'll take the Scout, you take the Colt, where do I send the money?

December 25, 2008, 09:03 PM
I would go for both, but if i had to make a choice the m1a would be mine.

elkhuntingfool
December 25, 2008, 09:07 PM
I agree - the Colt is only going to rise in value - especially after Jan 20, 2009

longdayjake
December 25, 2008, 09:08 PM
If you decide on just one then I will send you $800 to buy the other one and send to me.

If you enjoyed reading about "Rifle choice" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!