FAL pistol grips

PDA

auberg
December 26, 2008, 05:02 PM
Guys, I need your help. I have a Frankenfal built by Century. I bought it used and so far it runs great. (I assume the previous owner worked out any bugs.) But, I want to put all wood furniture on it. I found some hand guards that I have refinished, now I'm moving to the pistol grip.

Will a wooden inch pistol grip fit on a metric lower?

Thanks for your help.

If you enjoyed reading about "FAL pistol grips" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hhmorant
December 26, 2008, 05:34 PM
An inch pistol grip doesn't have the hole in the bottom for the metric pistol grip nut, so it won't fit.

auberg
December 26, 2008, 05:54 PM
okay, would that be the only issue? I figure I could drill out the hole that is needed. Would that work?

Thanks

W.E.G.
December 26, 2008, 07:46 PM
The grip angle is wrong, the way the trigger guard connects is wrong.

I don't know of anybody who has installed an inch pistol grip on a metric lower.

If you simply must have the inch-pattern grip, just install an inch-pattern lower, and take from there.

auberg
December 26, 2008, 08:20 PM
Thank you, that is the information I was needing.

There is someone that makes a new wooden metric grip, I'll just go that direction.

Again, thanks for the info guys!

4thPointOfContact
December 26, 2008, 09:54 PM
http://ironwooddesigns.com/2aprod/1zFALprod.html

If you enjoyed reading about "FAL pistol grips" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!