looking for my next gun

PDA

sernv99
December 26, 2008, 09:40 PM
I'm thinking about a sub-gun as my next toy, semi-auto of course, and looked at a few options (Uzi, Steyr SPP). I was going to go with something in 9mm but then came upon the Hungarian AMD. This seems like compact enough to be classified as a "sub-gun", especially with the forward grip. I also like this Russian WWII replica:

http://www.militarygunsupply.com/shop2/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=383

anyone find these particular models fun to shoot? How does the folding stock hold up? It seems it's a rickety piece of metal like a coat hangar...

I have a Sig 556, PTR-91, and an Arsenal AK 7.62x39 so I was looking to diversify my collection, caliber wise. I looked at a bolt action tactical gun in .338 Lapua and .300WM but I doubt I will get a chance to shoot it in a place where that kind of long range shooting is available.

another thing also, I was browsing through the magazine rack at the supermarket and picked up one of those tactical gun mags. I see some tact guns in the 6mm line of calibers (6.8 and 6.5 I think, not quite sure). I don't know how cheap and plentiful this ammo is.

I'm not a fan of buying duplicate rifles in the same caliber however if one is a styled a bit differently (e.g. AMD vs traditional AK), I would consider it.

If you enjoyed reading about "looking for my next gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "looking for my next gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!