How much clean-up needed Bersa\Firestorm?

PDA

jece
December 26, 2008, 09:18 PM
How much of a clean-up job is there in newly packaged Bersa\Firestorm pistols? L have seen on u-tube there packed in grease\oil. Do you have to take the grips off to clean it? I'm not a gunsmith. Hopefully the mag is separate from pistol.

If you enjoyed reading about "How much clean-up needed Bersa\Firestorm?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
thebaldguy
December 26, 2008, 09:22 PM
It's always a good idea to give a new firearm a good cleaning. It also lets you inspect and check the firearm before use.

mactex
December 27, 2008, 09:15 AM
On both of my Bersas, I simply field striped them per the manual and wiped out the excess goo.

tekarra
December 27, 2008, 05:09 PM
I o one step further than mactex. After field stripping, I remove the grips and swish them around in automatic transmission fluid then hang them to drip dry. Cleans them up quite well.

MICHAEL T
December 28, 2008, 01:06 AM
It not that big of deal. Most will whipe away with a little cleaner . If a satin nickle Bersa we say never use hoppes # 9 it will damage the nickle finish

MICHAEL T
December 28, 2008, 01:07 AM
It not that big of deal. Most will whipe away with a little cleaner . If a satin nickle Bersa we say never use hoppes # 9 it will damage the nickle finish

If you enjoyed reading about "How much clean-up needed Bersa\Firestorm?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!