Accuracy of Browning A-bolt Medallion?

PDA

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
December 27, 2008, 01:27 PM
The A-bolt Medallion with the 26" bbl and fancy stock seems like a pretty good value at $779 new, relative to the price of other "deluxe" type turnbolts, since it also has engraving on the top of the receiver and on the floorplate. Anyway, it seems nicer than the T/C Icon (at $909 new), and I'm considering getting one of these two rifles in either .270 win or 7mm Rem mag.

Anyone have experience with the A-bolt medallion? What's the accuracy like with that long sporter-weight barrel? Which would you get and why - the T/C Icon "Classic" or the A-Bolt (regular) or the A-Bolt Medallion? Don't say the X-bolt because I handled it and it has too much plastic for my tastes.

If you enjoyed reading about "Accuracy of Browning A-bolt Medallion?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Flash!
December 27, 2008, 06:23 PM
I have a A Bolt gold medallion in 7mm rem mag.....it routinely shoots quarter size groups at 100 yards....might do better if I put a better scope on it..... it is my "go to" gun for hunting.

rbernie
December 27, 2008, 08:22 PM
I recently bought a used Medallion in 270, of unknown lineage but in seemingly decent shape.

I normally handload for all my rifles, but in this case I had no ammo loaded and I wanted to sight it in. I picked up a handful of $12 boxes of dusty PMC fodder on the back shelf of a mom-n-pop gunstore, figuring that it'd at least be decent enough to get on paper.

It took me three shots to get zeroed. The next seven went into a nice round inch at 100 yards.

You could say that I was impressed and pleased.

If you enjoyed reading about "Accuracy of Browning A-bolt Medallion?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!