Very good Christmas.

PDA

scythefwd
December 27, 2008, 01:16 PM
My old man is upgrading to a dillon press and gave me his old single stage. It is only marked with a [H] on the side of it and I think it is a Hornady. The problem is that it doesn't look like anything Hornady is currently producing. I will have photos when I get home. There are no manuals with it, but once I get pics, and a positive ID of it, I will be writing the company. It came with a couple of shell holders (one for 30-06, the other for 30-30) and dies to match. One set is Lee (for the -06) and the other I don't remember off hand. Now all I need is a good scale, powder measure, case trimmer, chamfer tool, and I should be set to start. After I get the necessities, I want to get a tumbler, and I realize the trimmer and chamfer tools aren't requirements. I have the Lee Modern Reloading with all it's recipies, so I can start but I want a speer book as well.

OH HAPPY DAY :)

Is there anything else I should be looking for (besides a progressive press as I only plan on reloading a few hundred rounds a year and the single stage will do for now)?

If you enjoyed reading about "Very good Christmas." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
scythefwd
December 27, 2008, 03:09 PM
I just took a second look, the emblem on the side is a C with an H in the middle with the number 204 under it. If any of yall can help identify this press, I would be thankful.

Scythefwd

forquidder
December 27, 2008, 03:42 PM
Possibly an older model from this company.

http://www.ch4d.com/

scythefwd
December 28, 2008, 01:54 PM
forquidder,
You were right. I was told to look in a reloading museum though for the manual because all documentation pertaining to that model was lost or destroyed when the company moved to Wisconsin in 1968! The press is over 50 years old and is great condition. I assume it will work like a modern single stage, so I will take a look at it and get my old man to educate me when he comes out.

If you enjoyed reading about "Very good Christmas." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!