Post Christmas fun

PDA

d_hammy
December 28, 2008, 04:13 AM
I got my daughter a S&W 622 .22 LR for Christmas and took her out for the first time today. She loved it and is already talking about what gun she wants next.

PICS here.. http://www.flickr.com/photos/d_hammy/ (http://www.flickr.com/photos/d_hammy/)

If you enjoyed reading about "Post Christmas fun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HeavenlySword
December 28, 2008, 04:48 AM
Congrats dude.

bannockburn
December 28, 2008, 10:43 AM
d hammy

Way to go. I got my 13 year old daughter a Beretta Neos for Christmas. I took her to Gander Mountain a couple of months ago after her first range session. I told her she could have any .22 they had in the store. She looked them all over, handled four of them, and decided on the Neos as having the best fit and balance overall. Found it on sale about a month ago, picked it up along with some ammo and a spare magazine. Put it all together, along with her own hearing protectors and shooting glasses, in one of my old range bags and gave it to her Christmas Day. Nothing means more to me than spending quality time with my kids, doing something we all enjoy.

rioalumni05
December 28, 2008, 01:21 PM
my buddy has a 622. you really dont see many of them, but its a nice gun...so what gun is dad gonna buy next for her?

d_hammy
December 28, 2008, 02:57 PM
@ bannockburn, my daughter is also thirteen and she wanted the pink and black Neos but we couldn't find one in stock for her to hold and try on. It just so happened a coworker over heard me talking about buying a .22 and offered me the like NIB 622 with Bianchi leather holster and 2 clips for $175. I couldn't say no to a deal like that. Luckily for me she likes the fit/feel and managed to shoot through all 525 rounds yesterday.

PS. she still wants pink grips.

@ rioalumni05, yeah I've seen very few for sale. We lucked out for sure! it's a nice gun and shoots well. As for her next gun I have no idea but Dads next purchase will be a 1911. (probably Colt)

bannockburn
December 28, 2008, 10:48 PM
d hammy

You're not kidding about going through 500+ rounds in a day. Just did that today, with me trying to keep up, loading the spare magazine while she continued to rapidly send them downrange. We had agreat time, and I even got to shoot a mag or two, just to see for myself if the Neos was capable of decent enough accuracy in a slow fire kind of way. It was and we are both very happy with her selection of the Neos for her first pistol. Later, I went online and showed her the various accessories available for her gun, and she said she wanted the Neos blue gripframe (she'd rather have purple if they offered it; not really a fan of pink anyways). I will also get her the different colored front sight inserts, as she had some trouble picking up the black front sight on the black bullseye.
At any rate, it sounds like you got a heck of great deal on that S&W Model 622, even if it doesn't come with pink grips. Have fun and enjoy the time you have with your daughter.

Grassman
December 28, 2008, 11:38 PM
I took my brother and her daughter out shooting yesterday. Brother has been around guns his whole life like me, but the daughter is 9 and kinda scared of them. She did shoot the 9mm pistol, that kinda scared her. She also shot the Remi 700 22-250, she liked that, but the stock was a little long for her. Might get her a youth model.

If you enjoyed reading about "Post Christmas fun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!