which after market mags for the mini 30?

PDA

CZ223
December 28, 2008, 11:51 AM
Which brands work the best? Are there any high cap OEMs out there to be had? If so where? I know that many have said that there aren't any that are truly reliable but I guess I need to know which are the best. I have a mini 30 on hold right now but if I don't find any reliable mags what is the point? I am also looking for reliable mags for the Mini 30 and the Saiga in 7.62x39. I have seperate posts going for them but feel free to leave info on them here as well.

If you enjoyed reading about "which after market mags for the mini 30?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RSVP2RIP
December 28, 2008, 12:29 PM
I also have a mini-30 and have bought just about every hi-cap mag out there for it. The short answer is there aren't any. The only one that work 100% of the time are 10 round Promag magazines, and only after you fit it to your gun by filing the mag latch pad. The polymer promag 30 round mags only have a 70% reject rate so you could give them a try. National magazines can be made to work but, the feed lips aren't hardened and if you drop it it's back tio the drawing board. It has always amazed me why a good 30 round mag can't be made for the gun as the mag is almost identical to the AK-47's. If you want over 10 rounds of firepower, you need an AK not a mini-30. If mine didn't shoot 1.25" at 100 yards i'd make it into a lamp.

nefarmboy
December 28, 2008, 12:30 PM
So far I've only heard good things about the newest Pro Mag 10 round mags. Some of the older ones were hit or miss apparently and some could be made to work with a little modification to the mag. For more info, you can check here (http://www.perfectunion.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=105).

If you enjoyed reading about "which after market mags for the mini 30?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!