The Obama Commemorative Bushmaster AR-15

PDA

Lone_Gunman
December 28, 2008, 12:29 PM
In the positive spirit of the George Bush commemorative revolver thread in the Revolver forum, I would like to take suggestions for what an Obama commemorative AR15 should look like. This thread, like the George Bush thread, should not be political in any way, and I hope moderators will remove any negative comments made, or political statements, just like in the George Bush thread.

It seems the AR would be a proper choice for an Obama commemorative, since he has done more to increase AR prices than any man on the planet. I got this idea while browsing classified ads where there were multiple plain jane Bushmasters being listed at $1500 plus. These were selling for around $900 before the election. It seems fitting that we should thank Obama in some way for stimulating gun ownership, and causing my ARs to be the only positive investment I have made in the last couple of years.

Perhaps Obama's image could be inscribed on the mag well, with the phrase "change you can believe in" underneath it?

If you enjoyed reading about "The Obama Commemorative Bushmaster AR-15" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
k9870
December 28, 2008, 12:30 PM
and it cant fire, has no trigger, flash hider, is pink so not considered an evil blak rifle

Lone_Gunman
December 28, 2008, 12:32 PM
No thats not the kind of comment I am after, and hopefully will be removed. I am looking for postive non political comments only.

JImbothefiveth
December 28, 2008, 12:34 PM
I like the "Change" phrase on the magazine, but only if it's detachable.

I'd also say it shouldn't be in .223, it should be in a caliber Joe Biden owns, if it could at all work in an AR-15 action.

Art Eatman
December 28, 2008, 12:35 PM
LG, you don't have a prayer for a non-political thread on this subject. Take it to APS.

:D:D:D

22lr
December 28, 2008, 12:35 PM
Got to have it engraved and signed in dark black to contrast the pink of course

Selector switch takes a hammer to get to fire.
It would have to be single shot, and unable to be reloaded (the whole "a broken clock is right once a day" thing)
The bullet would be laser engraved with serial numbers matching it to the gun, firing pin, chamber, and user.
Also it would have to be a A2 stock with a picture of him bordered by his motto of hope, change

If you enjoyed reading about "The Obama Commemorative Bushmaster AR-15" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!