Calling GSG-5 owners....

PDA

aimbotter
December 28, 2008, 06:11 PM
Got it new today. Haven't fired a round yet. But this is the problem I'm seeing.... The breetch is not closing when an empty magazine is inserted (yes, properly) and the lever cock is released....

BUT.... with a magazine inserted, the breetch will close when the lever cock is released..

***?

Also when the breetch is open with a magazine inserted and on "fire", it makes a clicking sound when the trigger is pressed...

****************NEVERmind.. i have to have a round in the mag....

If you enjoyed reading about "Calling GSG-5 owners...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dscottw88
December 28, 2008, 07:01 PM
I dont have a GSG5 but...

I'm assuming that maybe the gsg5 has a bolt hold when the mag is inserted? Also, I wouldn't recommend dry firing a rimfire weapon when the breech is closed. I would think its fine as long as the bolt is back.

nwilliams
December 28, 2008, 09:51 PM
This is normal, my GSG-5 does the same thing as do all of them.

Pull the mag out and then pull the charging handle all he way back and it will release the bolt.

But it sounds like you figured it out;)

Enjoy the GSG I absolutely love mine and its insanely fun to shoot!:D

pgeleven
December 29, 2008, 05:06 AM
thats how it was designed to operate. the bolt locks open when the magazine has been expended (or when an emtpy one has been inserted). there is no way to send the bolt home without removing the magazine or without a round already being in the chamber.

bye the way, good luck with your new GSG!!! there are quite a few GSG owners on this site with a vast array of configurations. if you need advice on maintainence, aftermarket parts or whatever, dont be a stranger.

If you enjoyed reading about "Calling GSG-5 owners...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!