Gun collection at the Buffalo Bill museum

PDA

Desert Dog
September 24, 2003, 04:20 PM
I just got back from a two week vacation, and one of our stops on our itenerary was Cody, WY at the Buffalo Bill Historical Center. For gun enthusiasts this is a must see. I quit trying to count all the fine weaponry after about 30 minutes, when I kept walking by case after case of beautiful original rifles and pistols, from the early cannons to M-16's.

They have a 1 of 100 Winchester that is almost mint ($$$$$$$) and a rack of 1886's to die for... They literally have at least one of each American made rifle or pistol since we have lived on this continent.

Anyone else here had the chance to see this place? It is very cool.

Mike

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun collection at the Buffalo Bill museum" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Country Boy
September 24, 2003, 04:23 PM
I was there around 6 years ago. It is a wonder to behold. As a gun nut, I could have spent many, many hours there.

critter
September 24, 2003, 05:04 PM
Whatever time you allot from your vacation to visit thee WILL NOT be enough! I should have brought my TENT and stayed A-WHILE! LOVE the place! Notice the glass cases to make all the DROOL easier to clean up!!!!

litman252
September 24, 2003, 06:38 PM
I was there as a young-un. I do not remember most of it, need to go back.
I do think of the Walls and walls of lever actions.
Tony
:what:

4v50 Gary
September 24, 2003, 06:59 PM
Anybody know if they've got an illustrated museum catalog?

ACP230
September 24, 2003, 07:27 PM
I saw the collection when I was a kid. I hear it has expanded since then.
The Buffalo Bill Historical Center is on my list of places to go back to.

I made it back to Rushmore and Wall Drug several years ago. Wall Drug had taken over a whole block and Rushmore had a lot more around it than I remembered too.

bogie
September 25, 2003, 01:59 PM
Did they have any mention of A.H. Bogardus and his family?

Larry Ashcraft
September 25, 2003, 03:25 PM
Its supposed to be the best collection of Winchesters in the world. We plan on going there next summer.

I was there in 1962 on the way to the World's Fair in Seattle, but I was only 12 and I don't remember any museum.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun collection at the Buffalo Bill museum" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!