Question on PTR-91?

PDA

larry starling
December 30, 2008, 04:34 PM
I was looking at one today and was wondering about the Factory forearm? I really don't care for it and was wondering will a Factory HK wide forearm fit and what would be involved in changing it out? Thanks for feedback.

If you enjoyed reading about "Question on PTR-91?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MGshaggy
December 30, 2008, 04:45 PM
HK wide forearm will fit. Just pop out one push-pin at the triple frame, switch with HK wide forearm, replace push-pin. Shouldn't take more than about 30 seconds.

larry starling
December 30, 2008, 07:54 PM
The one I looked at today didn't have the push pin on the forearm it had some sort of hex screw deal. Not to sound ignorant but I don't have any pics to post so as to explain what I was looking at.

Kurt_D
December 30, 2008, 08:00 PM
Again the HK wide forearm will fit BUT if the PTR has the aluminium free float tube you'll need to order a forearm push pin from somewhere like hkparts.net. This was the case with mine.

larry starling
December 30, 2008, 08:07 PM
OK great that was the answer I was looking for thanks......

hksw
December 30, 2008, 10:59 PM
Before purchasing, please note the barrel and forearm length of the PTR-91. There are short models that will not allow full length HK wide forearms to drop in without modification.

ReelFaith
January 25, 2009, 10:49 AM
I'm looking at pruchasing a PTR-91 Which model is prefered? The KFM4 with the 16" barell with forward hand rails or the F model with the 18" barell and no forward hand rails? Which one will be more accurate at longer distances? I already have a S&W AR17, Rem 870 and a Mini14 and S&W M&P 40SW pistol. Just looking for that final addition to round out my SHTF collection. Thanks for your help.

waterhouse
January 25, 2009, 01:11 PM
Another thing to consider is 922 compliance. At least with some of the older PTR-91s, the forearm was an American made part that counted towards the parts count. I don't know what the parts count is like on the newer guns.

Storm
January 25, 2009, 01:34 PM
It's also important to know that if your PTR 91 is a K version you will need to use the shorter wide forearm that is used on the HK93. Also, to make the forearm fit, you will likely need to remove a very, very small amount of material from the forearm where it meets the magwell. It's a very simple fix with a small file or Dremel.

Intruder6
December 11, 2009, 04:51 PM
OK - so I have an 18" barreled PTR 91F, and an H&K 91 wide forearm with bi-pod. Can anyone give specifics/measurements on how I need to modify the forearm to fit on the PTR???

"NEVER MIND" I got it!

THANKS!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Question on PTR-91?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!