Submit Reply

PDA

Friendly, Don't Fire!
December 31, 2008, 06:00 AM
Occasionally, I go to post a reply and when I hit the Submit Reply button after creating my post, I wait and wait, then finally a white page comes up saying the web page cannot be viewed right now (or something of that sort).

Then I go back and see the post I created and hit Submit Reply again, only to have an error message that I must wait 60 seconds between posts. I can post in (however many more) seconds.

Then I try it again and the same thing happens.

On occasion when this happend, I end up with five or so posts that are identical.

I know it's not my computer as I don't have problems with speed on any other web sites as I'm on an extremely fast connection.

Most recently, it happened in posts 21-26 on this thread: http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=416337

Each time, I went back to the original thread and refreshed to be sure the post I created was not there before proceeding to try to do it again -- and my posts weren't there. Then all of a sudden there are six identical posts!

If you enjoyed reading about "Submit Reply" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mal H
December 31, 2008, 11:44 AM
The database does get hung up on occasion. Everyone should make the assumption that every push of the submit button will create a new post/thread (especially if you get the 60 second warning, that indicates the post definitely was created). If a page refresh after at least 5 minutes shows it didn't get created, then you can try again. I have personally gotten the "Busy server" notice several times when submitting posts, and yet the posts did get created.

At the time you were posting there might have been an automated db maintenance routine running so your posts could have been held in cache. Not sure.

Friendly, Don't Fire!
December 31, 2008, 03:40 PM
Thank you. I will take those suggestions and be more careful in the future.

If you enjoyed reading about "Submit Reply" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!