9mm XDm vs P226

PDA

matai
January 1, 2009, 05:55 AM
I'm having a tough time deciding on a 9mm to get. It seems like you can pickup a P226 for not much more than a XDm and you can get 20rd mags for the Sig. What do you all think? Is the P226 worth the few extra bucks?

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "9mm XDm vs P226" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wnycollector
January 1, 2009, 08:01 AM
Is the P226 worth the few extra bucks?
Yes, its a SIG:) Seriously the 226 is a classic 9mm.

threefeathers
January 1, 2009, 10:27 AM
This is rough, at LFI both of these platforms work all the time and I will end up with each soon. I have the Sigs now and will start XD's soon. If your are restricting yourself to one then you must fire them to see. All we can do is give our favorites. But for handguns with the positive reliability of these that is like asking , "Should I choose the blonde or the Redhead."

Guillermo
January 1, 2009, 10:31 AM
Both outstanding firearms.

In order to know which one you should buy, you need to shoot them both and determine which works better for you.

I love Sigs but I shoot the XD extremely well. That being the case, I would pass on the Sig.

Your mileage may vary

9mmepiphany
January 1, 2009, 04:15 PM
the obvious first choice should be determined by which frame you want...polymer or alloy

eerw
January 1, 2009, 04:56 PM
also DA/SA or striker-fired..

some people hate the DA/SA transition, other do well with it.

gtmtnbiker98
January 1, 2009, 08:11 PM
Two totally different animals you are comparing. Different actions, different materials, etc. If you opt for the Sig, may I suggest the all stainless elite? Awesome weapon and you don't have to worry so much about the anodizing (doesn't have any). They are heavy for CCW, but well worth the extra $$$.

hostilecrab
January 2, 2009, 01:53 AM
Both are nice guns, and they both have their own "cool" factor.

One nice thing is that the Sig has a hammer, and you have second-strike capability.

I'm not sure which gun has more accessories available for it, but maybe that is something to look into to help base your decision.

When one of my buddies got his Sig226, he got the one chambered for .40SW - he did this because he would be able to pop in conversion barrels for .357sig and also for 9mm and switch out mags. Nice option.

FromMyColdDeadHand
January 6, 2009, 12:33 AM
Had a XD40, sold it for a P226, been looking at the XDm. Different pistols in most ways. Sig grip is nice, when the XDm hits my hand my brain goes "Game on". Which one will my 3yr old shoot in two decades, a Sig. Going to shoot USPSA, I'd go with the XDm (40).

I don't think that you can go wrong with either. For the price of an Elite P226, you could get almost two XDm guns.

Let's say a AWB comes, there are a lot more SIG P226 mags out there.

If you enjoyed reading about "9mm XDm vs P226" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!