A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum!

PDA

ParaElite
January 1, 2009, 03:43 PM
On the second day to the last of the Year (Dec. 30th, 2008), I got an email from the folks at R & R Arms. They said that the rifle I had on my wish list was in and that it was available for purchase.
I was within a moment's time of pulling the trigger on a pistol if you know what I mean. I chose to buy the DPMS LR 308 TAC 20 instead.
About 3 or 4 months ago I had put it on my wish list and finally gave up on ever getting one again after the elections. There was not an LR 308 in any configuration to be had for the pre-election prices.
R & R wanted $980.14 + S&H: $22.55 for a total of: $1002.69 for it and that included 2 19 round magazines with it.
Needless to say, I went for it. I am thankful that R & R Arms was not asking for prices one sees for these rifles in any configuration!! :eek:
I am now celebrating the New Year and the new rifle.:D

If you enjoyed reading about "A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
22lr
January 1, 2009, 03:58 PM
Sweet buy. DPMS is good stuff.

jos2f
January 1, 2009, 06:57 PM
R&R Arms is good stuff. Came through on my LCP when they first came out. Paid something like $260 after shipping.

Congrats on your new toy

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
January 1, 2009, 10:22 PM
Good show, now! You're gonna like that one, I'd bet. :)

Eightball
January 1, 2009, 10:54 PM
You forgot a big element of it all--pictures. They're necessary.

Nice deal.

ParaElite
January 1, 2009, 11:33 PM
Pictures are forthcoming. I will be helping a friend set up his tables at the local gun show here in Dallas tomorrow afternoon. I will be busy all weekend. Hopefully this will not be the last month of the gun shows in Texas and nation-wide -- if you know what I mean!

If you enjoyed reading about "A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!