2009 New Years Resolutions

PDA

slpmmp
January 2, 2009, 01:13 AM
How about lets move away from the posts about who's equipment is the best?
I read THR daily and this question comes up at least once a day. We already know that the answer will (pick one) Dillon/Hornady/Lee/Lyman. (Get the idea??) Instead, think of what your application will be (high volume pistol, low volume rifle, precision rifle etc) and then find the press that fits that need. Doesn't matter which company it is. It's a personal preference such as Coke vs Pepsi. Most of these companies have been around for awhile and they wouldn't still be doing business if they sold junk or didn't take care of their customers. I'm an NRA instructor and have been reloading for over 25 years and have been able to use equipment from all the manufacturers and the 1 takeaway that i'm giving is each press/die/scale etc will have features that you'll either love or hate. So spend more time examining the equipment and less time asking opinions cause you and only you will be the final judge on whether or not you will ultimately like/dislike the equipment. For the record for those that are asking what I use :) I have a Lyman T-Mag turret, Lee Classic Turret and Lee Classic single stage. I shoot approx 200-300 pistol rounds per week, and about 100 5.56 every other week.

If you enjoyed reading about "2009 New Years Resolutions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bullseye308
January 2, 2009, 02:41 PM
I agree, likes and dislikes of brands is just silly most of the time. They all work well for different folks with different needs and budgets.
Coke vs Pepsi Actually it's Dr. Pepper, but let's not get that one started. :neener:

rfwobbly
January 2, 2009, 08:57 PM
Actually it's Dr. Pepper, but let's not get that one started.

And exactly when and where did this Pepper get his/her PHd ?? :D

FullEffect1911
January 2, 2009, 09:55 PM
And exactly when and where did this Pepper get his/her PHd ??

From the culinary school of suck, boo Dr. Pepper, YAY Pepsi! :neener::D

bullseye308
January 2, 2009, 10:26 PM
That kind of talk will not be tolerated here:neener: The Dr. is in the house and that is that. Now back to the OP, lets just settle this like the great wonderful people we are. Whatever brand of press/dies/car/truck/lube/drink you partake of is fine for you. If you like my brands fine, if you don't fine. :neener: It's nothing but silliness watching these threads get out of hand because someone thinks you can't load good ammo on a Lee, take down a bad guy with a 9mm, get to the store in anything less that a chevy, grease up a case in anything other that Imperial wax, or do it all with a cold glass of Dr. Pepper at hand.:evil: Some of you have to have a dillon, drive a caddy... or whatever. It all works and gets the job done. If it meets your standards/budget/color preference, fine. Go forth and be happy. No need to badmouth someone's choices unless you want a timeout in the corner(mr. FullEffect1911) :neener: This topic is done, I have spoken.:rolleyes:

Rollis R. Karvellis
January 3, 2009, 10:16 AM
+1 for bullseye308 stop all this sillyness. PS Peterbult RULES!

rfwobbly
January 3, 2009, 10:30 AM
PS. Peterbuilt RULES!

I've heard it said, "Old truckers never die, they just get a new Peterbuilt."

Yea, enough of this silliness. Two reloaders walk into a truck stop....

Rollis R. Karvellis
January 3, 2009, 08:20 PM
I'll let the guy who owns it decide when to get me a new one, I don't need the heart ache, and, indagestion.

If you enjoyed reading about "2009 New Years Resolutions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!