Server Issues, or are they issues on my end??

PDA

average_shooter
January 2, 2009, 03:30 AM
While attempting to post a reply in a current thread in General when I hit "Post Reply" after typing the message I get a message saying I need to wait a certain number of seconds before I can post because there's a time limit on a posting rate or something... However, after waiting the stated time and trying to submit my reply again, I once again get a wait message telling me I need to wait a minute in between posts...but I didn't post anything...

Is there a problem with the server, or software, or might this be a problem on my end?

ETA: Okay...now there's my message duplicated a bunch of times...

And here's the thread: http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=416572&page=4

I deleted the text of my duplicate posts, but a mod needs to delete the posts themselves. Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Server Issues, or are they issues on my end??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JohnKSa
January 2, 2009, 03:50 AM
Had the same general problem about the same time. Looks like the server had some sort of glitch.

average_shooter
January 2, 2009, 04:00 AM
Also, it seems to be happening quite a bit lately. I'm not sure if that's important to anyone, those who need to know probably already do, but I thought I'd mention it anyway just in case.

Mal H
January 2, 2009, 11:44 AM
Please see my note in this thread: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=416487

porcupine73
January 5, 2009, 02:36 PM
If this server has it enabled to continue running the PHP script even after a user's connection timed out, what you describe could happen. i.e. your connection times out, but script for your post submission is still running and does complete eventually, but you don't see it right away.

If you enjoyed reading about "Server Issues, or are they issues on my end??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!