Token expired message?????

PDA

3pairs12
January 2, 2009, 01:50 PM
:banghead:I keep getting token expired message when I try to enter general gun discussion and hunting sub forums. Haven't tried others. Is it a problem oon my end or is something wrong on yours?

If you enjoyed reading about "Token expired message?????" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mal H
January 2, 2009, 02:29 PM
I'm not familiar with that error message, but it sounds almost certainly like the problem is on your end - a problem with your browser in the page refresh area. The forums in question are working fine.

nalioth
January 2, 2009, 02:41 PM
I've seen this on other forums running the latest VBulletin.

3pairs12, are you clicking through from the main page or are you hitting the "reload" button to access your pages?

WardenWolf
January 2, 2009, 03:15 PM
Let me guess: you're trying to access it from work and you're on a Token Ring Network (or these days more appropriately called a Star Ring).

Jorg Nysgerrig
January 2, 2009, 04:13 PM
3pairs12, do you have a second browser installed? If so, try it with that one.

It is likely it is a cookie issue. The problem with clearing your cookies is that it will log you out of all the sites you use. We can surgically excise the cookie if you tell me what browser you use, that will only affect this site. In fact, here's an easy way to tell whether it is your site cookie. Instead of going to http://www.thehighroad.org go to http://thehighroad.org. (note the missing WWW). If you normally go to the one without the www, go to the www one instead. Log in and see if you can access it.

Another thing you can try is to log out of the forum, clear your browser cache, reboot and try again to access the GGD or hunting forum without logging in. If it works, go ahead and log in and try again. This may resolve it, but if it is a cookie issue, we may have to clear your cookies.

If you still have issues, post back here and there are a few more things we can try.

Let me guess: you're trying to access it from work and you're on a Token Ring Network
I can assure you this isn't his issue.

3pairs12
January 2, 2009, 04:37 PM
Thank you Jorg I recently installed gooogle chrome so I first uninstalled it. That didn't work but it was worth a shot you know. Next I used the htt://thehighroad.org and it worked. Left out the www. Should I continue to log in this way or should I try to find my site cookie and remove.
Mike the Wolf same pc as always. When I am at work I work. When I am at home I surf.

Jorg Nysgerrig
January 2, 2009, 05:24 PM
Assuming you are comfortable with this, and using IE 7, this is how to remove that cookie.

If you don't care about having to log into all of your other websites again, just do this

You'll want to paste these instructions into notepad or print them out since you'll need to close all your browser windows.

If you don't care about having to log into all of your other websites again, just do this. This will make all websites "forget" you.

Exit Internet Explorer 7, and then exit any instances of Windows Explorer.
Click Start, click Run, type inetcpl.cpl, and then press ENTER.
On the General tab, click Delete under Browsing History in the Internet Properties dialog box.
In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, click Delete Cookies.
In the Delete Cookies dialog box, click Yes.

If you do care about having to log back into other sites, use this method instead:

Exit Internet Explorer 7, and then exit any instances of Windows Explorer.

Click Start, click Run, type inetcpl.cpl, and then press ENTER.

Just before halfway down will be a section called "Browsing history" with two buttons, Delete and Settings. Click on "Delete" and a new window will open.

Now click on "View Files". Another window will open.

At the top of the window, click on "View" and make sure there is a dot next to "Details".

In the main window, there are buttons titled "Name, Internet Address, Type, Size" on so forth. Click on the one named "Internet Address" It should have a little Triangle pointing up next to it now. If it is pointing down, click again.

In the "Internet Address" column, you should have a bunch of things named something like Cookie:3pairs12@www.somewebsite.com" That 3pairs12 will be your username on the computer. There are likely hundreds of these files. Fortunately, we've just sorted them in alphabetical order by addresss. Scroll down through this list and find the one that says "Cookie:YourComputerUserName@www.thehighroad.org/". Make sure you have the www one, unless the www.thehighroad.org one was working and the thehighroad.org wasn't, in that case find the one without the www. The trick here is you can't actually click on it in the "Internet Column" So, click on it in the "Name" column to select it.

Now, just press delete on your keyboard or right click on the file and choose delete. It will ask if you want to delete the cookie. Say yes.

Close the all the windows, starting by clicking the X in the upper right hand corner of the "Temporary Internet Files" window. Then click OK and OK on the other windows. Open IE, go to http://www.thehighroad.org/ and log back in. See if you can access the forums.

Let me know how that goes.

nalioth
January 2, 2009, 06:39 PM
Mike the Wolf same pc as always. When I am at work I work. When I am at home I surf. Mike's response was an attempt at humor. It has absolutely nothing to do with your problem.

If you enjoyed reading about "Token expired message?????" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!