"Not gun related."

PDA

Floppy_D
January 3, 2009, 12:37 AM
Lots of threads and posts here are closed, due to being "not gun related." The "non-firearm" subforum is not gun related. Discuss.

If you enjoyed reading about ""Not gun related."" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ron-Bon
January 3, 2009, 01:04 AM
Man, I agree whole-heartedly. A post about a knife is not firearm related, yet such a post never gets closed. Sometimes I wish the moderators would be a tad more yielding in what they consider an appropriate post

bikerdoc
January 3, 2009, 07:10 AM
Gentlemen,
Let me try to explain the THR, even though Im not a mod. If its a knife topic it goes in NON Firing weapons, along with anything else that is a non firing weapon.
If a post is deleted for not gun related, then its not gun related.
Some post dinagrate quickly into drivel.
Its a little bit more wider lattitude in strategy and tactics because gun is not the default topic. It could be home defense , layered defense, hardening your home, etc
Of all the topics in all the forums when a thread gets silly, political, insulting, or drifts away from useful gun info, or discusion its going to get shut down, period.
Best advice I can give is think twice, post once.
If you want off topic go to our sister site APS
Thats just the way it has evolved. It works well, and the MODS do a great job for no money keeking this site High Road.
You both are very knowledgeable men and have posted some good stuff, please dont be offended at my explaination.
As my tough old dad use to say " Deal with it, get over it, and move on.
I hope this helps and Im sure a mod will expand upon what i have said soon.

Art Eatman
January 3, 2009, 07:37 AM
What's to discuss? bikerdoc summed it up quite nicely: This is a firearms website, and its primary purpose is to promote RKBA.

W're certainly not humorless, here. The occasional comic relief is welcome, for all that it's not habitual.

And y'all have an absolute right to start your own website to discuss whatever you like...

If you enjoyed reading about ""Not gun related."" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!