TN Mafia October shoot

PDA

OEF_VET
September 25, 2003, 10:09 AM
It's time to start planning the October range day. The Bill Goodman's Gun Show is at the fairgrounds the second weekend of the month, so I was thinking this would be a good weekend for the shoot. If we do it Sunday afternoon, we'll have Saturday and then Sunday morning to hit the show and stock up on ammo and / or new toys.

So, how does 1 pm (1300 hours) on Sunday, the 14th of October, at the Cheatham range sound to ya'll?

Frank

P.S. I heard there is a Rabid Jack 'o Lantern / Pumpkin revolt planned to take place out there that day, and there needs to be someone there to quell this evil rebellion.:D (Just thought I'd drop a hint as to what I might be bringing for a target.)

If you enjoyed reading about "TN Mafia October shoot" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
einnor1040
September 25, 2003, 10:34 AM
Possibility I may be out of town that weekend.

If not, I'll be there.

Abominable No-Man
September 25, 2003, 10:36 AM
Cool man. I'm there.

RLadd21
September 25, 2003, 11:25 AM
Umm, isn't October 14th a tuesday?

buzz_knox
September 25, 2003, 11:40 AM
Yup. It's a Tuesday. How about the 17th (Saturday)?

Marko Kloos
September 25, 2003, 11:45 AM
I might be able to make it out there, if someone can provide directions.

cslinger
September 25, 2003, 11:59 AM
I might be able to make it out there, if someone can provide directions.

Go West young man, go west. :D

I am sure somebody can give you the rundown.

I will let you guys know as we get closer to the date. If it makes any difference I would prefer a Saturday range event.

Marko,

If you do happen to come up this way would you mind bringing the P232 along. I would like to shoot it and I think Sheslinger would also.

Chris

glockten
September 25, 2003, 12:22 PM
Actually the Goodman's show is the 4th-5th.

I'm free for any weekend except the 25th.

BryanP
September 25, 2003, 03:52 PM
My schedule is so out there these days I make no promises other than "Pick a day and I'll try to be there."

I know I will be out of town the weekend of the 25th.

Bowlcut
September 25, 2003, 07:06 PM
Well I was hopeing not this coming weekend....Ive got a "friend" coming down and im going to show her a good time. Luckly that involves going to the gunshow then up to the range. so if anyone is up there either after the show or sunday ill likely be up there. but i wasnt wanting a huge crowd so i could teach her a little. shes never shot before but super enthused.

I know Darrin is wide open :D. But crap just remembered...have a wedding like the 18th i think....not sure. Dont let me be the hold up tho. This coming weekend isnt great for me but i could manage, a little embarrased with my friend ;) but ya know... Think the 18th i cant, no one can do the 25th. .... i dont have a problem sitting one out. unless the wedding is before like on a saturday and shoot is on a sunday ill be golden :D

Marko Kloos
September 25, 2003, 07:28 PM
If you do happen to come up this way would you mind bringing the P232 along. I would like to shoot it and I think Sheslinger would also.

Won't mind one bit. It's my summer carry gun anyway, so it'd be hard not to bring it. But be warned...it's a sweet little gun, and you'll end up wanting one.

Moparmike
September 25, 2003, 07:35 PM
Unfortunately, I may be going to a fraternity regionals conference in AZ. Is there plans for a November shoot, or will everyone be staying indoors b/c of the cold?

OEF_VET
September 25, 2003, 08:32 PM
RLadd,

You are absolutely right, the 14th IS a Tuesday. I meant to type the 12th, but after a long morning at work, my mind sometimes doesn't work as well as I'd like it to.

I was hoping to do it prior to the 17th (Friday), as Abominable will be leaving for school that weekend, and after that he'll be heading back to Iraq. I figured that if we could accomodate his schedule a bit, he'd be able to have a good bit of fun before he heads back overseas.

I understand not everyone can make each weekend though, so we'll work something out. If all else fails, we can have two or three get-togethers this month. Ain't like there's a law 'ginst that. :D

Frank

Bowlcut
September 25, 2003, 09:33 PM
12th is good with me....so far atleast. but first weekend is sorta bad. and after that im not too sure when the wedding is exactly

Intune
October 3, 2003, 09:59 AM
12th works for me, I'll be back from Knob Creek machinegun shoot. I'm going up Fri afternoon or evening and coming back to Nash Sat afternoon. don't think the wife & kids are gonna make this one because of a bunch of prior commitments. Anybody need a ride?

Bowlcut
October 4, 2003, 09:00 PM
ATTENTION EVERYONE THAT IS GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is now hunting season. Darrin and I found that out today after driving all the way up there. So the range is open 10am-2pm ONLY. So we will have to get up there early to get some decent shooting time. So we may need to start thinking of other places like Owl Hollow again, or maybe the new place out at the lake, or maybe ASP.... During hunting season the range is only open 4 hours to keep from scaring all the animals off I guess.

Guess its good we were GOING to go today....oh well we went down to ASP instead

glockten
October 4, 2003, 11:45 PM
There's another range that I use, for your consideration.

Pros: 5-stand sporting clays.
Four separate, parallel ranges.
1.Rifle range with 100 & 200
yard berms.
2.Rimfire silhouette range.
3.25-yard handgun range
4.Rifle range with 50 & 100 yard berms.
Reasonable fee ($5.00).
Friendly owner.
On-site restroom.

Cons: It's in Warren County, 60+ miles from Nashville.
Rapid fire is discouraged.
There are postings barring "military rifles" on one range, but I've shot or seen ARs, AKs, M1s, and M1As out there so it may not be an issue.

Viola Valley Shooting Range, Viola, TN.

OEF_VET
October 6, 2003, 12:23 PM
I'm cool with making it at 10, if that's cool with others. A 60 mile drive is a bit far for me, unless we car pool or something. I intend to do some large caliber rifle shooting as always, and ASP doesn't allow it, so that's contrary to my plans.

Frank

Bowlcut
October 6, 2003, 06:52 PM
not saying this time but other times we might want to consider a different range. i wouldnt mind trying that place atleast once. i know rod would want to try his 7mm mag at 200 yards for the first time. but as it is we will be there at 10sharp id say. If we decided to go to viola id say we make a FULL day out of it type thing. Scout out places to eat/picnic if warm enough. Car pool with everyone that has vans/suv's and just plan to leave at the butt crack of dawn and get back as late as we want.

but hope to see as many as can make it sunday

Intune
October 7, 2003, 05:18 PM
Knob Creek road trip, KC, KC, KC! C'mon TN, who's going to the machine gun shoot/gunshow? This weekend! Fri night!

glockten
October 11, 2003, 08:27 PM
If anyone attending tomorrow's shoot owns a 16-gauge, I've got 19 rounds that you're welcome to.

Bowlcut
October 11, 2003, 09:48 PM
I was about to bump this yet again. Darrin, Rod, and I should be up there say 10:30ish Id say. Going to stop and get ammo at Walmart as usual. Dont think Im going to take alot yet again. Ye old Hi Point Carbine I think, and the Mosin just incase any small revolts by the vegitable/fruit thingies. Im growing weary of dragging alot of weapons around. Maybe time to get a SUV/truck to make it a little easier.

We get a roll call??? Looks like Intune, OEF_VET, Darrin, Spanky McFly, and myself so far. Anyone else that wants to speak up tonight?

Bowlcut
October 11, 2003, 09:49 PM
Oh yea, anyone that has anything that shoots 30 carbine speak up i got half a box you can have I doubt ill ever shoot it. A full box of winchester 30-06, and a hand full winchester value pack .223. Ill try to bring it all but speak up if you want it to make sure I pack it with me. Its takeing up space in the ammo can that will probaly never be shot.

glockten
October 11, 2003, 09:58 PM
I'll be happy to take that ammo off your hands, Bowlcut.:)

Bowlcut
October 11, 2003, 10:29 PM
ill pack it all with me, ill try to remember atleast it is 12 hours away ya know. but youve let me run though enough rounds thats for sure.

DeputyVaughn
October 11, 2003, 11:55 PM
Sorry I won't be able to ake the trek up there this time. Yall will have to anoy any corrections officers that show up for me. Maybe next month.

Scott

cslinger
October 12, 2003, 01:38 PM
We were going to go but we just got up. We must have been beat from the Knob Creek trip.

Hope everybody had fun.

Chris

Bowlcut
October 12, 2003, 06:34 PM
It was packed with people sigting in their muskets and various black powders. but wasnt too bad. OEF lost another muzzle brake...so he had a bad day :D. Not a big group. Most of the group spent the last hour shooting skeet. I blew threw all the ammo i have basicly. Left enough for SHTF possibilites but other than that im bone dry. Was a decent day over cast but cool. And well...pumkins and m44's get along well :D

einnor1040
October 12, 2003, 06:57 PM
Dang! I missed it. :( Somehow I thought it was next weekend. :banghead: I spent the

whole day doin' "honeydos" around the house. The joys of being a

homeowner. Well I'm ready for the next one. :) I've got all my 45's and

41's reloaded and ready to go. :D

glockten
October 12, 2003, 07:24 PM
Yeah, today was a good day.:D

Shooting those Cor-Bon 300gr .45 Colt JSPs out of a 6-lb Mdl. 94 was a real eye-opener. The .45-70 was more pleasant to shoot!

OEF lost another muzzle brake

I missed that. Was it the new one on the AK?

Kendra Pacelli
October 12, 2003, 09:45 PM
What.................No pics?

:D

Bowlcut
October 12, 2003, 09:48 PM
No, Darrin forgot his camera and I left mine in the 'burban. There wasnt much to take pics of. I know OEF and glockten are handsome....but photogenic none of us are :D. I didnt feel like pulling it out for the same old pics different day. Just was a regular shoot with some friends. Nothing exciting, but as glockten said "a bad day at the range is better than a good day at work"

Kendra Pacelli
October 12, 2003, 10:24 PM
Sorry I couldn't make this one....Schedule does not allow it...I hope the next time.....

I'm glad ya'll had a good time.

OEF_VET
October 13, 2003, 10:09 AM
Dave,

Yeah, I lost the new one off my AK. I told Kevin and Darrin to slap me the next time I even thought of buying a muzzle brake. I'm 0 for 2 with them now. I've shot them off of both my M-44 and AK. Arrrrgggghhh. Oh well, it's not like the AK has much recoil anyways. I was mostly hoping to keep the weapon a little more tame when I was rapid firing it.

I had a good time yesterday. Sorry the rest of ya'll couldn't make it. The pumpkin revolution was quelled, however, we didn't need to make a bayonet charge this time. FYI, pumpkins don't stand up to well to 7.62x54R soft points. They didn't explode as much with the x39 FMJ I was shooting them with, just blew the backs off. But, when Kevin hit them with the x54R soft points, they turned into pie filling. Makes me feel good, knowing we left some bait, er, I mean food, for the deer in the area.

Frank

Intune
October 13, 2003, 11:06 AM
Man, I'll be sooo glad when soccer season is over. At least we talk about shooting & hunting on the sidelines trying to break the "soccermom" stereotype. ;) We're off from games this next weekend, gonna try to get out to Cheatam either Sat or Sun. Missed seeing the 'Slingers @ KC this weekend and now missed another Mafia shoot! Not good, grrrr. Gotta show OEF that Swede with the scout scope setup, sweeeet! We need more eyes out there to search for muzzlebreaks downrange! :D Hope to see the gang soon.

mwithers72
October 13, 2003, 11:14 AM
I did not get to make this one :cuss: cause I had family coming into town. Hope to make it to the next one.

OEF_VET
October 13, 2003, 08:05 PM
Phil, don't delay, post pics of the Swede. I bet she really drive tacks now, doesn't she?

Frank

BryanP
October 13, 2003, 09:11 PM
Sorry I missed this one. Maybe next time. And if I haven't picked up an AR upper by then maybe I'll just bring along some loaded AR mags and look hopeful. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "TN Mafia October shoot" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!