Lee sales

PDA

floydster
January 3, 2009, 10:43 AM
Has anyone ordered from Lee Factory Sales?
It seems they have some of the best prices, but wondering if some of the presses are factory returns.
Input?
Thanks, Floyd

If you enjoyed reading about "Lee sales" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
theotherwaldo
January 3, 2009, 12:03 PM
I've bought from them several times. They sell regular stock, not returns. They're just a factory outlet store. Good prices, standard quality.

flashhole
January 3, 2009, 09:05 PM
Me too. I have nothing but good things to say about them. My last purchase was a Lee Classic Cast Turret press, I think I paid $72 for it brand new in the box. Their prices are the best you will find for Lee products. You can really benefit if you visit their site often and take advantage of periodic sales.

ljnowell
January 3, 2009, 09:31 PM
They have good prices and decent shipping. I was going to buy a standard lee press (like 25 bucks) and a set of carbide dies. They told me 13.50 shipping for that. Not too terrible. I didnt actually order it, because I got a better deal at midway.

ljnowell
January 3, 2009, 09:37 PM
They have good prices and decent shipping. I was going to buy a standard lee press (like 25 bucks) and a set of carbide dies. They told me 13.50 shipping for that. Not too terrible. I didnt actually order it, because I got a better deal at midway.

snuffy
January 3, 2009, 09:38 PM
Nope. But for those interested, here's the website link.

http://www.factorysales.com/

280shooter
January 3, 2009, 11:49 PM
what is the web site.?

where is it,

ppcgm
January 4, 2009, 12:18 AM
Bought stuff from there years ago. It's the usual Lee stuff, just at good prices. If you don't load a lot, Lee is fine. It wears out pretty quick if you are into competitive shooting and burn a couple of thousand rounds a month or more.

D. Manley
January 4, 2009, 12:25 AM
Lee sales

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone ordered from Lee Factory Sales?
It seems they have some of the best prices, but wondering if some of the presses are factory returns.
Input?
Thanks, Floyd

Lee does sell through a FACTORY STORE (http://www.leeprecision.com/cgi/catalog/browse.cgi)but have a different category for CLOSEOUTS/REFURBS (http://www.leeprecision.com/html/catalog/surplus.html). I don't know about the closeouts, refurbs, etc. but on new equipment, you can find it for less with a little shopping around.

Dean Williams
January 4, 2009, 01:53 AM
Quote ppcgm:

If you don't load a lot, Lee is fine. It wears out pretty quick if you are into competitive shooting and burn a couple of thousand rounds a month or more.

What a bogus blanket statement to make about an entire product line.

So if someone loads only 1999 rounds a month, Lee equipment will be OK, right?

clasiter
January 4, 2009, 10:01 AM
I have a lee and RCBS presses and have used the lee just as much as the RC and still no signs of wear on either.

snuffy
January 4, 2009, 11:57 AM
http://www.leeprecision.com/cgi/catalog/browse.cgi?1231032920.4925=/html/dealers/online.html

Dunno what happened to that link LATE last night. Dadburn computers!

snuffy
January 4, 2009, 01:15 PM
http://www.factorysales.com/

There, dadgummit, I'll get it right one of these times!:uhoh::confused::D

under_dawg
January 4, 2009, 01:15 PM
I ordered a .308 Win. Deluxe Rifle Die set, adjustable charge bar, and a 4 hole turret from them yesterday. I tried to go thru Midway because they are a little cheaper, but they haven't had the .308 deluxe dies in for some time. I'm afraid this place probably doesn't either, but their website is more primative and doesn't tell you what their out of like Midway does. I thought the shipping was a little excessive. That's why thru in the chargebar--shipping was the same. I got a confirmation saying allow 4 WEEKS. Hope they send it sooner.

RustyFN
January 4, 2009, 03:39 PM
If you don't load a lot, Lee is fine. It wears out pretty quick if you are into competitive shooting and burn a couple of thousand rounds a month or more.
I hope my classic turret doesn't see this, it would be time for it to fall apart. I have loaded thousands of rounds of 9mm, 38 spcl, 45 auto and 223 over the last two years and the only thing my CT has done is gotten smoother. OH by the way I shoot IDPA, GSSF, fun matches and practice at the club I belong to.
Rusty

tasco 74
January 4, 2009, 04:58 PM
my input is i use a lot of lee stuff speed dies,autoprime,perfect powder measure, and safety scale... i've had nothing but good from lee since i started reloading about 25 yrs ago... last summer i was preppeing some 3006cases for a gfriend when i broke my little lee reloader press (i knew i was working it pretty hard)... contacted lee and sent the broken frame to them with a $15 check to pay for a new frame... about a week later i got the frame and the uncashed check in a nice little package.... i like the lee speed die setup i have to load .38 spl and .357 magnum from two single stage presses... i had lee make me a custom bullet seater too a few years back too.... i'll buy lee equipment!

weeniewawa
January 4, 2009, 06:41 PM
I have bought a couple of powder throws and had broken decap pins replaced, their service and shipping is great and they warranty things well.

Guinny_Ire
January 8, 2009, 03:49 PM
Put an order in 1/6 late in the day so we'll see how they do.

Iheartguns
January 8, 2009, 06:35 PM
I had to cancel an order a week or so ago. Shipping is AT LEAST four weeks. As of last week they were still shipping orders from the first week in December.

Other than that, I have a small bone to pick with them - they chargied my CC with plan to ship the order for several weeks - seems they should bill at the the time of shipping if there's that much of a backlog. That's how most places do it.

That said - the guy (I forget his name) was very cool about cancelling the order and refunding.

Bottom line, if you need it NOW (or soon) you probably should go elsewhere - at least for now. If you can wait, Lee Factory Sales is fine.

Andy

ljnowell
January 8, 2009, 08:12 PM
Bottom line, if you need it NOW (or soon) you probably should go elsewhere - at least for now. If you can wait, Lee Factory Sales is fine.

Wow, thanks for the heads up. I was thinking about ordering a powder measure through them, but I think I will go ahead and go elsewhere.

snakeman
January 8, 2009, 08:25 PM
I use nothing but lee products if I have a choice. They make an excellent product and their C.S. is A++. I ordered dies and die parts straight from the factory and had great results Saved me about $15.

Guinny_Ire
January 9, 2009, 01:37 PM
I sent an e-mail this morning to ask what the shipping time frame will be. No hurry other than I'd like to start but plenty of other stuff to do in the meantime(like read this board back to finish). I'll post back to this thread when it arrives.

flying
January 9, 2009, 02:14 PM
I was also going to order from them
The main reason I didnt was the 4 week wait. Not that I am in a rush but the way things are going I just worried it may be out of stock by then too.
So I used Kempf & highly recommend them. They were fast & friendly.Also they have some custom kits with the classic too.
https://kempfgunshop.com//index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=190&Itemid=41

https://kempfgunshop.com//index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=23&Itemid=41

smfdiver
February 14, 2009, 10:54 AM
I put an order in on 1/6 and I am still waiting. They called me last week (2/5)and said they just got a shipment in and if I still wanted my order. I told them YES since I was waiting paitiently and they had charged my card 4 weeks ago! I wait a week and hear nothing. I email and ask when they are shipping and I get a reply that my order didn't come in on that truck and they are expecting another truck this coming week. We'll see.

RandyP
February 14, 2009, 11:02 AM
I have an order with Factory Sales myself for a Classic turret and a number of bits and pieces.

Placed the order 2/4/09. We shall see how long it takes to arrive.

For items in stock, I doubt anybody ships faster than Midway USA.

flashhole
February 14, 2009, 12:02 PM
Not trying to sound flip but why would you complain about waiting if you knew the items were not in stock when you ordered them? If they listed them as in stock and they turned out to be back-ordered you have a right to be PO'd. I will only order from an on-line supplier when the items are shown in stock .... saves me lots of aggrivatoin. I hope you get your stuff soon.

smfdiver
February 14, 2009, 02:24 PM
I wasn't complaining about the first four weeks of wait which I Knew about after I placed the order but now I am starting on week 6.

flashhole
February 14, 2009, 02:30 PM
That does seems excessive.

massmatt
February 14, 2009, 04:28 PM
When I ordered from Lee Factory Sales they said it was instock. When I checked a week later (I called) it was 6-8 weeks. I ended up cancelling and ordering one instock from MidWay. I thought the wait was excessive too.

flying
February 14, 2009, 04:31 PM
Kempf was so fast I was shocked
https://kempfgunshop.com//index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=26&Itemid=41&vmcchk=1&Itemid=41

TEDDY
February 14, 2009, 09:09 PM
I get mine from midsouthshooters.their prices are 30% off list.
the way people are buying reloading tools your bound to have waits.:rolleyes:

Ghiller
March 3, 2009, 10:19 PM
I have found that most of the LEE products are cheaper on Midway or Natchez...I got rid of the Lee Loadmaster, so I don't need to anymore, I now have a Dillon 650...But I did keep the Pro Powder Drop, and put it on my Dillon..It really measures perfect loads...other than that, I don't much care for the Lee stuff.

SSN Vet
March 3, 2009, 11:10 PM
It's been 5 weeks since I ordered 9mm dies and a hand primer.

I called to check on the status and they guy says "the factory takes 7 weeks" ???

I can't fault him, as that's what they had published on their web. sight when I ordered.

I've done a lot of shopping around, and they definately have the lowest price on most Lee gear.

But my order total (with shipping) was only $5 cheaper than I would have got from Midway.... who had everything in stock and would have had it at my door within 3 days.

Next time, I'm ordering from Midway. I know they'll treat me right if I have a return.

RandyP
March 3, 2009, 11:14 PM
like many others I didn't want to wait the 7+ weeks from Factory Sales, cancelled my order and got everything from Midway USA in just a couple days.

RustyFN
March 3, 2009, 11:18 PM
If you know ahead of time about the wait and don't have a problem that's one thing. But as far as then charging you for it when you ordered it instead of when it ships is BS in my opinion.
Rusty

under_dawg
March 4, 2009, 05:44 PM
I responded to this thread a while back. After waiting a couple of weeks for them to send my .308 deluxe dies, I e-mailed them and cancelled my order. I must give them credit for at least saying it takes 4-6 weeks, I just thought it was a blanket CYA statement. They really meant it. I went with Midway (they finally got them back in stock and I was alerted by the reminder feature). I agree with the other posts that there website is kind of primative compared to the big boys like Midway. If Midway doesn't have it, at least you know and if it's not in stock, you can get a reminder when the item is available...

1SOW
March 4, 2009, 07:02 PM
+1 Midway/Midsouth

If you enjoyed reading about "Lee sales" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!