Best bullets for a Taurus PT-111 Millennium 9mm?

PDA

prodigy215
January 3, 2009, 01:04 PM
Hello im a beginner user to handguns, but I am very familiar with them. What is the best brand ammo/bullets to buy for this type of handgun? If any other recommendations, please let me know. Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Best bullets for a Taurus PT-111 Millennium 9mm?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Galil5.56
January 3, 2009, 01:42 PM
prodigy215,

Any particular end purpose, $$$ constraints, etc? Might start with good quality 115/124 FMJ RN ammo to set some base line reliability benchmarks, and allow for break in, then try some different brands of Hollow points if self defense is a goal. Many folks shoot the budget Blazer and Winchester "white box" ammo with pretty good results, and being the least expensive is good so that you practice a lot. The brands that seem to come up as the top performers in SD are Gold Dot, Federal, and Winchester Ranger.

I can only report this second hand, as I reload 100% of what I shoot.

Good luck with the new pistol.

If you enjoyed reading about "Best bullets for a Taurus PT-111 Millennium 9mm?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!