Nevr Dull question

PDA

ar10
January 4, 2009, 11:11 PM
Has anyone ever used this stuff? I'm just curious if it actually works on brass. I saw an ad in one of the reloading catalogs, I never really thought of it being a brass polish/protector.

If you enjoyed reading about "Nevr Dull question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Roadkill
January 4, 2009, 11:13 PM
I use it to clean out chambers. Twist some around a cleaning rod, attach to a drill motor and really polish out a chamber. Works very well.

Walkalong
January 5, 2009, 10:33 AM
Works great. Good stuff. I use it for my 6MMPPC cases and the odd one or two cases here or there. Everything else gets tumbled.

The Bushmaster
January 5, 2009, 11:17 AM
Hand polish each case? Seems like a lot of work to me. I will admit the Nevr Dull is a good product. Use alot of it in my engine rooms aboard my ships when I was in the U.S. Navy...

NOLACOPUSMC
January 5, 2009, 11:19 AM
Used it in the USMC. Great product. Also use it to polish my bike.

ar10
January 5, 2009, 11:51 AM
Hand polish each case? Seems like a lot of work to me. I will admit the Nevr Dull is a good product. Use alot of it in my engine rooms aboard my ships when I was in the U.S. Navy...

I sort of do that. My "invention" was to take a piece of 5/16" mild steel rod chuck it into the drill press, use a file and bevel the end till the .308 mouth slides in and stops. I turn on the drill press at a pretty high speed then using a piece of old leather glove to hold the bottom of the case into the rod I add the Nevr Dull to the case. I reverse the process using an old tee shirt. It works. :D I cranked out 800 cases yesterday.

The reason I asked the question is I was concerned about the composition of the stuff. I had been just waxing the cases but this stuff worked a lot faster and a lot better. I polish the cases because I'll reload one to two thousand at a time then store them until I'm ready to use them.

rfwobbly
January 5, 2009, 06:21 PM
I highly recommend it for polishing banjos.

amlevin
January 5, 2009, 09:06 PM
Take a can of Never Dull wadding, tear it up into small wads, toss in vibrator/tumbler, add brass and turn on. If you have a large amount it may take two cans. Store wadding in an empty paint can.

dispatch55126
January 5, 2009, 11:11 PM
Used it in the USMC.

Nothing like spending a Sunday afternoon polishing all of the stainless kickplates and floor covers only to have the DI scuff them "just to see how shiny they are". I was AF but same concept.

If you enjoyed reading about "Nevr Dull question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!