recieving firearms from repairs, Il.

PDA

SLR
January 5, 2009, 03:58 PM
Hello all!

I am sending a rifle out of state for refinishing and repairs. I live in Illinois.

I am wondering, after the rifle is done with repairs, does it need to be shipped to an FFL for me to go pick it up? Or can it be shipped right back to me?

Please excuse my ingnorance, I am trying to fix that:)

Thanks for the info!

If you enjoyed reading about "recieving firearms from repairs, Il." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Canuck-IL
January 5, 2009, 07:13 PM
Return from service can be directly to you. The 'smith or repair facility should already be aware of that ... as an FFL, they can also ship via USPS rather than the pricier UPS/FedEx.
/Bryan

nalioth
January 5, 2009, 07:45 PM
as an FFL, they can also ship via USPS rather than the pricier UPS/FedEx. . . but not to an unlicensed individual.

FFL holders can only use the US postal service when sending handguns to other FFL holders.

NavyLCDR
January 5, 2009, 08:03 PM
I am sending a rifle out of state for refinishing and repairs. I live in Illinois.

The operative word being RIFLE.

SLR
January 5, 2009, 10:14 PM
Thanks for the info everyone!

If you enjoyed reading about "recieving firearms from repairs, Il." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!