NH Permit

PDA

benewton
September 25, 2003, 07:37 PM
OK, gentlemen, I'm up for my four year renewall, from the local PC.

I don't expect problems, since the PC "knows" me, but there's a possible problem...

According to his handout, which is very good, giving the law regarding the use of deadly force, there's the following:

"
Prior to receiving a pistol permit, this department conducts a criminal record check with the New Hampshire State Police and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You are requested to furnish a personal identification fingerprint card prior to the the issuance of your pistol permit. These prints may be forwarded to the FBI and may delay the issuance of your permit.

"

Now, while I don't expect a problem here, isn't this illegal???

I'm sending this to GONH, but since when does this comply with the state law?

As far as the prints go, it doesn't much matter to me, since I did my green
machine time and, after that, had a TS clearance, so it's not like the feds don't already have them on file.

But I see no reason for the locals, or the state to be allowed to collect them.

So, how do I rid myself of this (possible) crap?

If you enjoyed reading about "NH Permit" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Henry Bowman
September 26, 2003, 11:42 AM
So, how do I rid myself of this (possible) crap?
Easy. Move next door to Vermont. Or, to Ohio. We don't have to give prints for a CCW permit here in Ohio. We can't get one if we give our right arm. Or move next door to NY. I hear they're gun friendly there. :rolleyes:

In other words . . . Never mind. I'm just jealous.

Live free or die. Right?

Blain
September 26, 2003, 01:35 PM
Wait a minute.....NH's permit's arn't supposed to require fingerprints????? SOMETHING STINKS HERE!!!!!!!!

benewton
September 26, 2003, 02:37 PM
Talked to GONH, and, as I barely remembered, they just fought this one out in a Salem case, and, of course, won.

For a resident, they have to follow the state form, which doesn't include the prints. Still, no harm, no foul, and, while I'll ship GONH the offending document, as long as the PD doesn't ask for the prints, or hold up the permit, where's my basis for complaint?

FWIW, I thought that the expiration date of my second four year term was my birthday: turns out to be a couple of weeks earlier.. Might be open carry time, like it or not, for a few days.

Also, since we have the cars to reregister, and my driver's license to renew, the wife checked her CCW. Turns out that they mistyped the expiration date to be the same as the issue date, '02, so another trip down to the PD.

I'd go to Vermont, but have you seen the taxes?

And the liberal slant?

Ah, in truth, it's nicer here, and here stay I, if I can.

Blain
September 26, 2003, 05:00 PM
Call up the cops, quote them HB 415, and ask them if the form is just outdated.

Fingerprints are obviously not required. NH HB 415 made it illegal to require them for issuance of a CCW.

you have to register your cars in NH too??????:what: :what: :what:

TearsOfRage
September 26, 2003, 07:31 PM
You mean HB766. HB415 is the new pre-emption law.

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/index/indexstatus.asp?expbillno=hb0766&txtsessionyear=2003

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/legislation/2003/hb0766.html

Sam Adams
September 29, 2003, 11:29 AM
Check your PM.

If you enjoyed reading about "NH Permit" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!