PDA

T.F.H
September 25, 2003, 09:39 PM
want to find a good load for .357 with 100 gr wc
would like to keep it around 800fps.

thinking of using it for small game.

ooyea my first post THANKS this is a great place youall have here

ps how do you use the smilies

If you enjoyed reading about "100 gr wad cutter load for 357MAG" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
P95Carry
September 25, 2003, 10:06 PM
Last question first ..... smilies .... just click on one on the left to insert the code into your message at the cursor.

100grn for 357?? if you only want 800 fps then frankly why bother with .357 at all?? That bullet weight and fps is well within range of a simple 38 spl load ....... for instance .. a Bullseye load of around 4.5 grains will give something in that region .... and is well below a max load too. That tho is not a recommendation ... only a suggestion to explore.

No real need either to go so light with the bullet .. tho you probably have your reasons for the choice. A good ole fave 158 in front of 2.8 of Bullseye would still be ''useful''..... fps down to maybe 650 or so but energy still there.

I keep my .357 cases for strictly .357 loads!!! :evil:

Standing Wolf
September 25, 2003, 10:17 PM
I use 2.5 to 3.0 grains of Bullseye behind 148-grain hollow-based wadcutters in .357 magnum cartridge cases with good success. On the whole, I can use lighter charges in Pythons. I use .357 magnum cases rather than .38 special because the longer cases leave less crud in the cylinder bores.

Do you have a source for 100-grain wadcutters? I'd like to try lighter bullets just to satisfy my curiosity.

MoNsTeR
September 26, 2003, 10:37 AM
You can get them from http://www.pennbullets.com/ , but those are cast double-ended not swaged hollow-base.

Paul "Fitz" Jones
September 26, 2003, 11:07 AM
I save all of my .357 Mag brass for my 1892 Winchesters and .310 Cadet rifles I converted for my family members. As a commercial reloader I had a certain number of 38 rejects from splits to folded cases and those rounds were fun to plink with on the family ranch and had more velocity in our rifles.

Paul Jones

T.F.H
September 26, 2003, 01:30 PM
THANKS that helps alot I got them from a deller here in town.
dont think he was selling alot of them so he made me a deal.
They are fun to play with just looking for new ideas.
The reason I want to use 357 brass is my frind has a marlin
rifle and i want the extra case to cut down on crude in the chamber.
He deer hunts with it and was thinking of squirrel hunting to.

Thank you verry much I will keep playing with it.

If you enjoyed reading about "100 gr wad cutter load for 357MAG" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!