The Battle Begins

PDA

Kelly J
January 8, 2009, 02:49 PM
Removed.

If you enjoyed reading about "The Battle Begins" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bubba613
January 8, 2009, 03:33 PM
This is the power of the internet. One ignorant hyper blogger writes something. It gets linked on a discussion board. Then it gets picked up somewhere else and amplified, etc etc ad nauseam.

Can we call a moratorium on these threads until Obama is actually sworn in?

TexasRifleman
January 8, 2009, 03:42 PM
Repeat after me.

It's freaking World Net Daily
It's freaking World Net Daily

keep doing that til you understand........

It's World Net Daily folks.

Can we call a moratorium on these threads until Obama is actually sworn in?

Let's call one on ANYTHING from World Net Daily.

And to the OP, you do your group WMSA no favors by linking yourselves to WND.

Kelly J
January 8, 2009, 04:54 PM
Removed

TexasRifleman
January 8, 2009, 04:56 PM
Hey if the post is out of place just ask meto take itdown no big deal. In fact I tink Iwill just do that.

Well it's just that the original source, WND, is pretty much like National Enquirer.

No one takes them seriously anymore.

Kelly J
January 8, 2009, 05:13 PM
I was just trying to inform people of what I considered a Possble threat to our guns, I stopped my participation in this Forum once before because of just such things, I made the mistake of trying it again. the People aven't changed much, and I just don't fit in here, so to make it simple I'm Gone You don't need me and until two days ago I didn't need THR.

Zundfolge
January 8, 2009, 05:22 PM
Kelly, nobody here is questioning your intentions ... just your source.

World Net Daily is not known for the highest levels of journalistic integrity. They're kind of a Conservative Christian National Enquirer.

Doesn't mean they're always wrong, but still just wrong enough that you don't do your own credibility any good in citing them.

In the future, if you find an interesting tidbit on WND, see if you can't find it elsewhere as well (and not just another site referring to the WND article).

TexasRifleman
January 8, 2009, 05:39 PM
I was just trying to inform people of what I considered a Possble threat to our guns.

Possible threat yes, but is it a plausible threat?

We can't cry wolf and panic at every news article.

There has to be a coordinated effort with a dose of reality.

WND sources lots of this kind of stuff. When you see something in WND people immediately have a skeptical viewpoint given that "news" organizations history.

Look at the web page from your Missouri group. Just a few days ago WND was reporting the case against Obama's citizenship was a "go".
No, it died on the vine. The WND story was not correct but that's pretty standard for them.

So, when a story pops up in WND we all look for confirmation from somewhere else before "massing the troops" to march on Washington as it were.

That and the fact that HR1022 has been talked about here on THR in literally hundreds of threads already. That piece of legislation is not new, it's been around for a very long time stuck in committee. WND's story brings this "new" threat to light, but it's the same old stuff that's been there for a couple of years now.

If we were to organize and respond based on everything to come out of WND we'd end up just like the boy who cried wolf; when it really happens no one will listen.

If you enjoyed reading about "The Battle Begins" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!