How can you tell if an SKS Barrel is Chrome-Lined?

PDA

Paladin_Hammer
January 10, 2009, 11:29 PM
I found a "Norinco" SKS at a shop today. The owner says its a Norinco. But it has a synthetic stock and it's missing its bayonet. I couldn't find any numbers on it save the serials.

How can I tell if the barrel has been chrome-lined? Don't say "because its a Norinco", because given its lack of chinese markings I couldn't tell if it was or if the shop owner was pulling my leg. He was very quick to drop the price from "$325" to "$250".

If you enjoyed reading about "How can you tell if an SKS Barrel is Chrome-Lined?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
helz_mcfugly
January 10, 2009, 11:40 PM
every Norinco SKS ive ever had was chrome lined. and Ive never seen one that didnt say "Norinco" on it. for $250 what do you have to lose. you should be able to see the chrome lining at the crown of the barrel pretty easy. good luck

Rubber_Duck
January 10, 2009, 11:42 PM
I have a Norinco SKS and the barrel is NOT chrome-lined. Mine was made in 1957 if that matters.

Ohio Gun Guy
January 10, 2009, 11:45 PM
it will look remarkably clean or will clean easily. Chrome barrels are the way to go!

If you enjoyed reading about "How can you tell if an SKS Barrel is Chrome-Lined?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!