Suggestion about personal attacks and threads extended by battles

PDA

zammyman
January 11, 2009, 08:55 PM
It seems there are people who camp on threads and want to start personal battles with other people instead of agreeing to disagree. My suggestion is to implement a policy on this, and the use of quoting in the forum. People should be allowed to quote when commenting but not creating attacks and using wording to change the posters meaning. If they want to discuss this on a more personal level, they may sent private messages.

It also seems some people start threads simply to get others to be combative, then dive in and start fighting themselves. This is not healthy and should not be allowed.

If you enjoyed reading about "Suggestion about personal attacks and threads extended by battles" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
evan price
January 11, 2009, 10:27 PM
Umm.. it's the Internet, yo? some people have too much time on their hands and choose to act trollishly. That's why the Mods here are so well paid- but they depend on YOU pushing the Report This Post symbol when you see this stuff happening. That's much more productive than implementing a feel-good policy that people should all be Nice To Each Other (Oh, wait.. Art's Grammaw's Rules apply here, already...)

After all, implementing a policy really helps to prevent bad behavior. Witness all the robberies of places that post signs not allowing CCW on the premises... you'd think they would just put up a sign prohibiting robberies....

NOW, Back to your regularly scheduled program...

Art Eatman
January 11, 2009, 10:51 PM
Yeah, that little red triangle is the best friend available--followed up by an oh-so-happy moderator...

harmonic
January 12, 2009, 01:46 AM
I thought you posted earlier that you were leaving?

bikerdoc
January 12, 2009, 05:54 AM
nobody hits the report button on knuckleheads more than I do, I wish more people did

bikerdoc
January 12, 2009, 06:00 AM
I enjoy hitting the report button and on a knucklehead, I get warm feeling when our learned and articulate mods jump his stuff, try it, it works.

JohnBT
January 13, 2009, 02:01 PM
"It also seems some people start threads simply to get others to be combative, then dive in and start fighting themselves."

That's my view of some of your polls and your responses to some of the replies.

John

dwave
January 13, 2009, 11:47 PM
Wasn't you leaving? The forum doesn't have a door so I can't show it to you.

For crying out loud, this is a forum and everybody isn't cuddly and warm! Why do you let a simple screen name get to you? You don't know who they are, what they look like, and they certainly are not your good good friend so why are you getting so worked up? Text on a screen from a person you will probably never see. Ever.

PS. There are already rules about being nice, so I am sure that your screaming and kicking your feet will really make them start to follow them. Just use the report function! Heck you can test it out on this post, I couldn't care any less than now!

If you enjoyed reading about "Suggestion about personal attacks and threads extended by battles" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!