Reloading Supplies in San Diego??

PDA

doubleshot
January 12, 2009, 12:21 AM
I just moved to the Carlsbad/Oceanside area and haven't found any local stores that sell powder and bullets. Any help???

If you enjoyed reading about "Reloading Supplies in San Diego??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tube_ee
January 12, 2009, 02:40 AM
Turner's on Clairemont Mesa Blvd.

Duncan's Gunworks in San Marcos. Only local source for real black powder, if that matters to you.

El Cajon Gun Exchange

Hiram's Guns in El Cajon (used to be the only combined gun/liquor store in California)

California Guns on Convoy St.

Project 2000 shooting range in El Cajon.

Probably others, but those are the ones I know about. Looking in the Yellow Pages and making a few calls will yield happiness. Call the ranges, too. Most have pro shops that sell reloading supplies.

Bullets are pricey around here. Mail order will save bucks. For powder and primers, unless you're buying large quantities, hazmat costs will eat up any savings, and then some.

Welcome to San Diego! If you want to know where to shoot, let me know, I'll hook you up.

--Shannon

fireflyfather
January 12, 2009, 04:06 AM
Socal Guns on convoy has VERY little reloading stuff. Turners is ok. El Cajon Gun Exchange is ok.

tube_ee
January 12, 2009, 04:20 AM
I just threw in any place I'd seen that had anything. CalGuns has been blaming their suppliers for their lack of stock for about two years... I don't buy it.

For a North County guy, Duncan's is likely to be the best choice. I have to drive up there to get Goex... nobody else has it.

Turner's is pricey.

El Cajon Gun Exchange has an attitude problem. Good stock list. Pricey.

Hiram's is good people. If they have it, I buy it from them. A lot of times they don't.

Been shopping at Project 2K a lot lately.

I live in El Cajon.

--Shannon

If you enjoyed reading about "Reloading Supplies in San Diego??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!