Ammo is all out!

PDA

Impureclient
January 12, 2009, 01:06 AM
Tonight I went to Walmart to pick up some 100 round white box 9mm for range plinking and not only were they out of that but all 9mm and everything else for that matter.
The clerk said that people are hoarding in brace for the Obama gang to get nasty with ammunition tax. I asked when the next order is coming and he said it's been on order
for a week and a half. Is it possible that the manufacturers are really not able to keep up with the demand of this hoarding recently? If that is so wouldn't it make sense for
some enterprising person with some cash to start a new ammunition company? I never really paid attention to ammo prices in the past as I didn't have any guns only airguns
but, will this blow over and go back to normal available stock as it did in the past with 2K or AR ban or is this going to be different? I also was wondering who is doing this
hoarding. Is anybody in here doing this and am I just running late in the game?

If you enjoyed reading about "Ammo is all out!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kingpin008
January 12, 2009, 01:55 AM
Please do a search. This topic has come up many, many times in the past months.

yooper_sjd
January 12, 2009, 08:30 AM
really, all out? last time i checked my stash, i just added 250 rds to it. course i reload

moooose102
January 12, 2009, 08:47 AM
well, think about it. if, obama and his cronies actually do get some kind of ammo limitation / regulation passed, would you want to be the "new guy on the block" trying to keep your multi-million dollar investment afloat against the ammo industy giants who will all be stuglling since the regulations will severly limit sales?

BadShot25
January 12, 2009, 09:59 AM
I went to 3 walmarts last week and couldn't find much ammo. I couldn't find any .45 but luckily found a couple of boxes of 9mm. They had a ton of .40 though.

skeptiq
January 12, 2009, 10:01 AM
I was just in Texas (Austin area) and I went to Wally World to pick up some WWB 9mm and they had plenty, also had a very nice selection of others too. Also, right before leaving the Wally's in Cincinnati / Northern Kentucky were both in stock and had plenty. Interesting though. I am planning on stocking up soon anyway...

exflatlander
January 12, 2009, 10:08 AM
They had a ton of .40 though.

I have seen the same thing here which is making me think I need to buy a .40

fearme
January 12, 2009, 10:37 AM
Dude, where have you been for the last 5 months??

Even reloading components for Christ's sake are f'ing gone. There were no PRIMERS available for weeks online until a couple days ago. Bullet prices are through the absurd roof....

CCI seems to have spun the manufacturing process back up though. My guess is the other companies will follow suit. Previously they probably only made components/ammunition in big batches a couple times a year and just sat on the stock. Since there was a freakish run on everything those supplies are exhausted, everyone has to fire up the production lines again.

It'll just take time but with the prices of lead and copper in the toilet it can only help the future prices of ammo.

My advice? DON'T pay for the high gouging prices they're charging now. DON'T DO IT!

Obama ain't coming for your guns next month.

Sato Ord
January 12, 2009, 10:39 AM
The clerk said that people are hoarding in brace for the Obama gang to get nasty with ammunition tax. I asked when the next order is coming and he said it's been on order

I think the biggest reason suppliers are out of stock now is that we just passed Christmas. A lot kids got their first firearms under the tree, which explains why .22 sales have skyrocketed, and a lot of older kids, like us, got gift certificates to go and purchase ammo.

Supplies will be back to normal soon enough.

erict
January 12, 2009, 03:33 PM
I just bought 900 rounds of Blazer Brass from Wally world for about $175. They had plenty more there too so I'll probably grab another 1IK or so today.

Phydeaux642
January 12, 2009, 03:52 PM

I have an idea. Why doesn't everyone just stop asking questions and use the search function exclusively? Surely, every question has already been answered on here. The search function here dosen't work all that well compared to other sites like Google. Sometimes it's just much easier to post a question.

Redneck with a 40
January 12, 2009, 04:54 PM
One of the reasons I reload, no ammo shortages here.:p The ammo companies certainly don't have me by the nuts, in this panic buy, price gouging era.

RobMoore
January 12, 2009, 04:58 PM
The search function only works as well as the input its given.

yenchisks
January 12, 2009, 05:04 PM
1+ on that phydeaux642,by the way whats up with the name?

bobby n.
January 12, 2009, 06:59 PM
obama aint coming for your guns next month

try next week

CoRoMo
January 12, 2009, 08:09 PM
THIS THREAD (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=418816) is identical. Well not identical, but the same.:D

ultradoc
January 13, 2009, 11:25 AM
A store in Ohio is backordered on ammo for one month

AllAmerican
January 13, 2009, 11:46 AM
They werent out at the 2 local WalMarts but they are now as I just cleaned em out of 9mm WWB.

If you're a .40 person you'll find plenty at every Wally World.

I talked to the nice lady at the counter and she said corporate sent them an email telling em the reason for no stock is that the manufacturers cannot keep up.

Must be the right business to be in at this time.

She told me they have 30 boxes of the 100 count on order but the warehouse is out of stock.

jlv08
January 13, 2009, 12:11 PM
Our wal-marts here in Tidewater,Va. have restricted sales of firearms to just a few stores and I will state that Wal-mart has fallen into the same mindset as K-mart about gun sales.The bigwigs at wa-mart are more liberal than you think and will do what is politically correct to appease the antigun crowd. Heck, a few years back they wanted me to fill out federal and state forms on a danged blackpowder firearm!!!! I told them to pack sand and went to a mom and pop store and got one, no questions asked. I don't think that with all the blue dog democrats and the recent supreme court ruling that the libs are that crazy to repeat the same mistake that got them booted out of the house and senate in 1994.If folks would take some of that ammo money and help increase the ranks in the NRA, we won't have to worry so much about new legislation being enacted. Obama is smart enough to read the tea leaves and will reawaken the senses in the electorate who placed him in office to remove the majorities he now enjoys at present if he touchs the third rail known as gun control. Am I foolish enough to think he wont try to pass some laws while he's in office? Heck no! but when he gets started, it'll wake up those who became complacent and voted their pocket books instead of their guns. Trust me, if they get the guns, pocket books will soon follow!

RoboDuck
January 13, 2009, 11:40 PM
Winchester white box .45 is out at my Walmart, I buy 2 of 3 of the 100 packs everytime I'm in there. They are out of everything except 30-06 and 22s.:eek:

Grassman
January 13, 2009, 11:50 PM
I have posted in the reloading section....I'm having a hard time finding 9mm and .40 cal. bullets.

scotjute
January 14, 2009, 12:25 AM
Many of the discount ammo web sites are sold out of many calibers/brands of ammo. Sportsmens Guide is projecting June 09 before they have CCI .357 in stock again. If you want it, better get it now if you can still find it.
I would assume that ammo will be back in stock at regular prices by this summer but who knows. I picked up 300 rounds from Academy today and am kicking myself for not making it an even 500. May go back and remedy that this week.

Impureclient
January 14, 2009, 02:19 AM
This is why I posted this question. I knew there were other older posts about low
ammunition but, apparently this is coming to a head. We seem to be getting past
the "drying up" stage and now are in the "dehydrated" stage. So I guess the answer to my
question is, I am too late until the supply eventually replenishes. Until then I guess
I'll just shoot some lead in the backyard with the airguns.

ants
January 14, 2009, 02:29 AM
On the subject of searches:
Use Google Advanced Search, and put www.thehighroad.org in the box called "Search within a site or domain". It will use the Google search engine to search this Forum only. You can also open a THR subforum and copy-and-paste the url to the google box, if you wish to search only within a THR subforum.

On the subject of ammunition: Our local WalMarts are stocked normally. It would seem that the inability to keep stock is regional. Maybe the folks in your region shoot a lot more than we do, but it's not an nationwide problem.

On the subject of Obama: If we weren't so dang stupid, gun owners could make it very risky for a Democrat to attack gun rights at this moment. To save the economy, save the nation, to get reelected, and to become his own superhero, Obama needs to draw from the entire nation as a whole, not divide it further. We gun owners could capitalize on that if we weren't so dang stupid. Instead of spending political capital saving our rights, we're spending our paychecks buying ammo out of fear. Dang stupid.

yongxingfreesty
January 14, 2009, 02:35 AM
my walmarts and academys are out too. even the 9mm blazer aluminum and monarch steel casing. =(

the .223 and 7.62x39 were sold out and the only thing left was the 7.62x39 american eagle(brass at $13/20rds) =(

craig
January 14, 2009, 11:05 AM
i'm gonna zip up to my local wally world and check.

back in about an hour.

craig
January 14, 2009, 12:38 PM
the wally world here has .22. rem. golden $16.97 :eek: for the 550 pack. they also have the fed bulk for $15.97, and assorted cci .22.

they have blazer brass 9mm $9.47, wwb 9mm 100 round $20.97.

rem. umc .223 $9.97 but i only saw about 8 boxes.

no .38 special, 2 boxes .357, about 5 boxes assorted brands .45 acp., no .44 mag., very little 12 or 20 gauge buckshot, some slugs, but they did have both gauges in birdshot.

lacoochee
January 14, 2009, 01:40 PM
My Wal-Mart is also sold out on most things, there was a couple of boxes of .40 FMJ but I have all I need, they can't keep the .40 JHP on the shelf and I need more.

akodo
January 14, 2009, 02:32 PM
Rob Moore writes

The search function only works as well as the input its given.

No.

Unfortunately, the search function on THR is very bad. I simply use google advanced search and restrict the field to THR.

It is asking a bit much of a new guy to know to do that IMHO.

Second, we seem to have a lot of posters here to like to be 'mysterous' who will post things like 'check out this video!' or 'check out this awesome website'

They don't want to put 'check out this video of a DEA agent shooting himself in the leg!' because that reveals the ending or 'check out this parody of gun laws site' etc. Some even do it for videos and websites that wouldn't be 'ruined' by a 'spoiler'. There are tons of posts that say 'Check out this video!' and then point to a training video, or 'check out this cool website!' and it is a link to gunfacts.org or something similar, but that we have all seen a bunch.

Unfortunately, this trend means if you try to find info you saw on THR, it is very hard to search for.

Writing a summary of any webpage or video you link to would be VERY helpful in retreiving the info later, AND in helping us avoid seen the same handful of websites and videos over and over and over again.

mossberg
January 14, 2009, 05:30 PM
THR searcher:

http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=005288657797907197482%3Ajuqp1cxyfxy

bratch
January 14, 2009, 05:40 PM
I've been to 3 local Walmarts and all are almost completley bare. Went at lunch and one box of .357 Sig was all the pistol ammo that was on the shelf. They had some 22 shorts and Stingers but no other 22s.

bpl
January 14, 2009, 05:48 PM
I bought the last 2 100ct boxes of WWB 9mm at our Wally World the day before yesterday. They have some 50ct blazer and UMC left. They have been out of 45ACP for at least 2-3 weeks! I think they have some .40 left though.

c5_nc
January 14, 2009, 05:51 PM
I go to my main walmart 3 times a week and 2 other walmarts once a week :what:. They are having supply problems of course. 22 was not all the shelf at all for several weeks at a time. Mini-mags came in last week, Federal Bulk Match ammo 325/$14.47? and Remington golden 550/$16.97, bought a little and cleaned out all the Federal 50/$1.47 they had. Most hunting rounds are in and out, just low, except the budget 308 federal hydroshock when I just cleaned out after it finally go restocked.. Only 9mm and sometimes .45. 40s&w can not be found.

sierra33556
January 14, 2009, 05:51 PM
My walmart is out of everything exept blazer brass 9mm they just got 69 boxes in this morning and almost out at 3. No 40, 38, 45,380 nothing only bird shot for shotguns

edSky
January 14, 2009, 06:27 PM
I thought y'all were nuts, since we have a ton of ammo down here. So on the way home last night I stopped by Academy Sports to pick up a could hundred rounds of 9mm plinking ammo.

Nope. And the crowd was just as large as ever, if not more so, at 6pm on a Tuesday in front of the pistol display case. It doesn't look like this run is letting up.

And from what I heard, the gun show here last weekend had "hardly anything." I didn't bother going, so I can't vouch for it, but I'd believe it. It almost seems as if there's more to this than meets the eye.

Maxx409
January 14, 2009, 06:38 PM
Heard about the subject of this link. Not sure how much truth there is to it.
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message489184/pg1

The forum topic mentions that the Carlyle group owns many of the company names I see listed above. Maybe some one with better internet research skills can determine if this matters. (I kinda hope not.) :confused:

TCOV
January 15, 2009, 11:35 PM
Seems to be a year old post on a site for CONSPIRACY FREAKS. Wikipedia does show Carlyle Group owning Dunkin Donuts. Could be a link to intelligence/security companies.

Gunther
January 15, 2009, 11:48 PM
In central Pa Gettysburg empty- told the manufacturers are having problems and thelimited amount wal-mart was getting was being split up amoungst the stores, I didnt argue just said thanks and left.

4Freedom
January 16, 2009, 01:47 AM
Does anyone realize that Hillary Clinton was one of the executives of MalWart (Wal-Mart :neener:).

brin747
January 16, 2009, 09:50 AM
Lots of WWB and Blazer Brass 9mm available at my local Wal Mart, I have been buying a couple of boxes a week. .22 has been harder to come by than 9mm here, they have been out of that for two weeks.

jr45
January 16, 2009, 10:36 AM
I just came from Walmart here in northern VA and they were pretty much out of everything. They had a sign stating that the manufactures are running behind and did not know when they would be restocked. I know there has been an increase in ammo sales (in particulary the 7.62x39 and .223/5.56) however; I do not understand that the demand for the other calibers would out pace production...has the demand really been that high for all ammo? This reminds me of 2006 when a natural gas provider withheld gas to the midwest to increase the cost.

rhoggman
January 16, 2009, 11:07 AM
I have an idea. Why doesn't everyone just stop asking questions and use the search function exclusively? Surely, every question has already been answered on here. The search function here dosen't work all that well compared to other sites like Google. Sometimes it's just much easier to post a question.

Agreed....Why have a forum that is only allowed to address an issue once? Up to date information that doesn't make it to channel 4 can be found on the internet. That is the reason people flock to venues like this. Wal Mart ammo stock is one of those news items. It would seem to me the number of people who want to discuss this outnumbers the number of people who don't.

Why bother posting if you are not interested. Why waste the time lecturing other people about why you don't like their conversation? Why not just skip the topic?

THE AMMO SHORTAGE IS AN ONGIONG EVENT.... In short order I'm sure the thread will be locked due to grumpiness, and I will be castigated for being a new member who complains.

rhoggman
January 16, 2009, 11:13 AM

Possibly because it is still happening? Maybe no one should post about this again until the ammo shortage is over. Would that make you happy?

Maybe you should just be more selective about what you read and where you post, and then you would not be disgruntled.

rhoggman
January 16, 2009, 11:15 AM
I ususally refrain from specualtive talk or what I percieve to be hype until there is an obvious problem. This happened in silver not long ago and I watched it play out slowly but surely until all local sources of silver were dryed up.

The Walmart's in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia had a decent stock until about 3 weeks ago, and it seems to be all but dired up now.

Last night I went to WW they had no:
.22 lr
.38 SPC
.357 Mag
9mm
.40 S&W
.45 ACP

They had two boxes of Remington CoreLokt in 7mm Mag which I bought, and they had some .357 Sig which I had no use for. They also seemed to have an ok supply of 12 gauge shot shells, but even they were starting to thin out.

Lets hope this is nothing more than a buying frenzy, and nothing sinsiter is in the works. The clerk told me that Walmart stores do not order directly from the factory, and they can only get what is at the distrobution center. Apparently the distro center in Charlotte NC is running dry, and they can not order what the distro center does not have.

jr45
January 16, 2009, 11:19 AM
As with my earlier post, the Walmart here had a very simular "lack" of selction like yours. Plenty of 12ga bird but nothing else. I am glad I reload but it is strange to see all calibers out to include 22lr.

SCKimberFan
January 16, 2009, 11:22 AM
Does anyone realize that Hillary Clinton was one of the executives of MalWart (Wal-Mart ).

And your point is ???

Executive or on the BoD?

Eagles6
January 16, 2009, 12:25 PM
Wally World has been getting out of the gun business for a while. The local one here carries a CVA muzzleloader. One, that's it. They have little ammo. I wouldn't read anything into it at all.
That being said Ammoman.com and Wideners Reloading where I usually shop have lots of 7.62 x 39, .223, .308, .45 auto, 9 mm.

conw
January 16, 2009, 12:34 PM
here's an even easier way to search THR for whatever you want:

paste this into your address bar:

http:// www. google.com/ search?q=site:thehighroad.org+YOUR+SEARCH+HERE

bl4ckd0g
January 16, 2009, 01:11 PM
Wal-Mart is also a negotiations PITA for suppliers. I'd bet that the ammo companies just decided to stop haggling and send most of their ammo shipments to other sporting goods chain stores.

elkhuntingfool
January 16, 2009, 01:12 PM
There is no ammo shortage at my house - I just loaded up 200 rounds of 9mm in about an hour :) Screw retail stores and worrying about getting any ammo.

FiREhAwk
January 16, 2009, 03:05 PM
my local walmarts are also very low on stock. Plenty of hunting rifle, and shotgun rounds, but the only handgun ammo in stock is .40 and blazer. :confused:

22lr
January 16, 2009, 03:11 PM
I just got a good supply of 8mm surplus ammo for really cheap. In fact I go back to buy em out tomorrow. But again im not talking about Walmart, its just my local small town gun shop. I only buy 22lr from walmart anymore, everything else I buy at gunshows or the shop.

Rimmer
January 16, 2009, 08:23 PM
I bought a ton of ammo 4 years ago.

<----- not concerned with any shortages but might sell some if the price keeps going up. :D

rugerman07
January 16, 2009, 08:53 PM
No ammo shortage here, it just keeps getting more expensive.

AllAmerican
January 16, 2009, 09:12 PM
Was in Wally World this evening grocery shopping. Tried to buy some .270 for the new rifle but all they had was the expensive stuff. No Core-Lokt.

I noticed they had twice the ammo they had 2 days ago and the lady behind the counter said more was coming. I did pick up a bulk box of .22lr

I also noticed they were restocking and also moving around alot of the shelves. So... I think the shortage is a combo of things.

The ammo is coming back though. Ill be heading to another WM tomorrow to fond some ammo. Ill see if they have stocked a bit more.

erict
January 17, 2009, 11:49 AM
Just rechecked our Wally World yesterday.
4K or so of 9mm
2K or so of .40
1.5K or so of .45
and various amount of other calibers sitting as well

Maxx409
January 17, 2009, 01:09 PM
Went to Wally's World last night here in Georgetown Texas. Glad to hear some of your shelves are filling up. Only a handful of boxes of anything. Zero 9mm, I did snatch up the last box of .22lr!

Clerk said they had a run where people were buying 1000 rounds at a time, and they ran out pretty quick. I noticed 2 months ago the shelves were well stocked so I believe him. He also said the warehouse was about 3 to 6 months behind. (not sure if or how he'd know that).

Local Gunshop seemed pretty stocked though.

KenInColo
January 17, 2009, 09:23 PM
The Sportsman's Warehouse in Grand Junction was out of everything but 10mm. That included SD ammo.

nipprdog
January 17, 2009, 10:04 PM
The Sportsman's Warehouse in Grand Junction was out of everything but 10mm. That included SD ammo.

Similar here last week. However, one of the local WMs had a ton of WWB 9mm and 38 spec.(but that was the only centerfire handgun ammo)

Have plenty of that.;)

Also had a good supply of CCI Mini Mags and Federal 550 bulk packs. Grabbed a few. ;)

Brass Coyote
January 17, 2009, 10:16 PM
Bought some ammo from Sportman's Guide for my Makarovs last month. All they had left a few weeks ago was CZ brand--over $13/bx. Saw 9mm Luger Blazer brass at the local WalMart for about $9/bx. Thankful to have bought plenty at $4.99/bx from Natchez Shooter Supply several years ago. Took Fred's advice at M14 Stocks: "Buy it cheap and stack it deep."

Animal Mother
January 18, 2009, 12:38 AM
My Wal-Mart has been out of Federal Bulk Packs of .22LR for weeks. They did get a shipment in but it sold out in less than 24 hours, I am waiting for more.

gallo
January 18, 2009, 04:10 AM
I just got back from Wally a few hours ago and same story: Empty ammo shelves, no 9mm, people have been buying a lot.

Ky Larry
January 18, 2009, 09:57 AM
Still the same at Sportsman's Warehouse. Nothing but bare shelves. Local Wally-Worlds supplies are spotty. SA did have some .308 Win brass last week so I bought 100.

MAKster
January 18, 2009, 10:17 AM
My local Dicks has tons of Remington UMC 9mm and 223. Cases stacked up on pallets on the floor. I suspect Walmart is out of ammo because of their purchasing practices. Walmart demands that manufacturers sell to them for a price far below that they sell to other retailers. With ammo in great demand and prices rises, why would Winchester or Remington sell to Walmart at rock bottom prices when they can easily sell to other retailers at a much higher price. Walmart's strategy of squeezing the vendors only works when they have the upper hand. In today's gun market, the manufacturers not the retails have the upper hand.

Redneck with a 40
January 18, 2009, 11:38 AM
My local wal-mart is fairly well stocked at the moment, they have some of everything. Of course I live in a small town of 7500 people, so it takes longer for them to get cleaned out.:) Sportsmans Warehouse? This place has become a joke, they haven't had primers or powder for months, they only have a pound of this, or a pound of that. I'm pretty much resigned to buying my powder at the gun show's, they always have powder at fair prices.

mattd987
January 18, 2009, 12:04 PM
Probably most of the places are letting their stock run low or even run out. They don't want to go and buy new ammo to stock their shelves just yet, because the prices just have to come down. Metals are down right now. When was the last time that you turned in your unused brass for some cash? In my area, it used to be around $1.39 per pound... now it is down to $.75 per pound or lower. Just wait. Metals are dropping. The prices can't stay that high right now. If they want to sell ammo, then prices just have to drop. Wal-mart and some other local stores are playing smart with their money right now.

jeff-10
January 18, 2009, 12:05 PM
Tons of ammo, literally, in Outdoor World in Ft. Lauderdale. Its probably twice the price it was 3 years ago but their is a lot out there. 9mm, 40S&W, 38 Special, 223, etc...

ScottsGT
January 18, 2009, 05:09 PM
My local WW is about out of everything too.

Duke of Doubt
January 18, 2009, 05:17 PM
MAKster is right on the money in Post 64. I happen to know for a fact that he is on the money.

Plenty of ammo to be had around here, everywhere BUT Wally World.

Lawnman380
January 18, 2009, 05:59 PM
Local Wal-Mart out of most pistol and rifle...plenty of bird shot.....

Duke of Doubt
January 18, 2009, 06:03 PM
Hah! I thought at first that was another word following "bird." Made me wonder if it was another case of wild birds getting into Wally World and making a mess.

quicherbichen
January 19, 2009, 05:04 PM
We have 3 Wal-marts here, but I only went to one of them. They had all kinds of ammo except .40 and .45 They had several of the remington, federal, and winchester bulk .22 and plenty of 7.62 x 39 and .223 along with all the normal hunting rounds.

george29
January 19, 2009, 09:37 PM
! box of .25 acp & 1 box of .32 acp as of today.

Titan6
January 19, 2009, 09:52 PM
Went to Cabelas today and it looked like they were down to their last four or five million rounds.

In fact they only had about 10 different brands of .223 and .308 and maybe only 200,000 rounds of it. Better get it fast before the anti's grab it.

AllAmerican
January 19, 2009, 09:54 PM
screw it! I just started buying ammo for chambers I dont even own yet....

BTW, Sportsmans Warehouse sucks!

I went there with a wad of cash and they had not one thing I was looking for. I went down the road to WalMart and got at least some of it.

Grassman
January 19, 2009, 10:02 PM
I went to my local Wally-World.........the ammo behind the counter looked like it had been looted........literally, there was not much left. I wasn't looking to buy(I reload) but just curious as to the content.

ChemicalArts
January 19, 2009, 10:04 PM
I was at Wal-mart today. I have to stop going to this Wal-mart for ammo. They don't even have someone behind the counter to help you. Once someone finally came over, it was a pretty limited stock.

RoboDuck
January 19, 2009, 11:38 PM
I went to my local WM and walked up to the counter, the lady remembers me now. I got lucky today and got all the .45 FMJ they had , 3 boxes.:D

solareclipse
January 20, 2009, 04:39 AM
Walmart is out of ammo! the sky is falling... the hell with WM. who even goes there?

My local gunshops are out of ammo! That is scary. I will just bite and mail oder some and foot the shipping. Was doing inventory tonight and i am all out of 9mm

swiftak
January 20, 2009, 09:08 AM
Was at Bass Pro in Baltimore on Friday, full of ammo
Was at Calelas in Hamburg, Pa on Monday, full of ammo
local gun shops in NH up to now, full of ammo
Walmart in Keene, NH, full of ammo

sailsunfurled
January 20, 2009, 09:12 AM
I reload so I dont buy much Ammo from WM. Went to grab a few food Items on the way home and thought I would see if they were out around here. Yep out, no 9mm, no 7.62.39, no .45ACP and no 30-06. They did have .40S&W and a few bricks of .22s.

The lady said they are have trouble getting it from the warehouse and what they do get is gone within a few hours. hmmm.

HD Rider
January 21, 2009, 08:53 PM
Wow I went to Gander Mtn yesterday and had my choice of ammo.. Went today and all they had was some 22 and 9mm.. I need 40 and cant find any.

BrandonBowers
January 21, 2009, 08:55 PM
Went to WallyWorld in McKinney Texas yesterday, and sure enough just about every little bit of handgun ammo was out. Exotic 22LR (maximum velocity / subsonic) was in stock but that was it.

Impureclient
January 21, 2009, 08:58 PM
Send some of that 9mm this way HD Rider! Were still out here.

HD Rider
January 21, 2009, 09:25 PM
Send some of that 9mm this way HD Rider! Were still out here...
Send me some .40 and I'll send you some 9mm :)

Fatheroffive
January 21, 2009, 09:29 PM
I am new to this forum and to firearms as well... So forgive my lack of knowledge but why is there a shortage of ammo. What is the true reason for the shortage?

elkhuntingfool
January 21, 2009, 09:31 PM
I was in Cabelas Monday and there was no shortage there - unless you consider about 20,000 rounds of ammo a shortage :) guessing that number might be low, but ya'll get my point.

ants
January 21, 2009, 09:50 PM
Why is there a shortage of ammo. What is the true reason for the shortage?

Because there is a Democratic president since yesterday and many shooters across America think he's going to pass a royal decree tomorrow, requiring some sort of serial number on ammunition (or maybe a 100% tax) as a way of achieving de facto gun control.

The spokesman at ATK says the Federal plants are producing at record pace.
Industry publications indicate domestic production at normal levels.
There would not appear to be a shortage, just a lot of irrational buying and hoarding.

Mr.1973
January 22, 2009, 03:49 AM
I have saved many spent brass casings.

~.40 cal. s&w, 9mm luger, .223 remington, 7.62 x 39, and .270 winchester~

I even have some loaded ones.

Any one looking?

Their all for sale!

Just like craigslist.org (if they allowed it).

lol

D!rty H@rry
January 22, 2009, 03:57 AM
"I am new to this forum and to firearms as well... So forgive my lack of knowledge but why is there a shortage of ammo. What is the true reason for the shortage?"

end of the world?

:confused:

ScottsGT
January 22, 2009, 08:40 AM
I have saved many spent brass casings.

~.40 cal. s&w, 9mm luger, .223 remington, 7.62 x 39, and .270 winchester~

I even have some loaded ones.

Any one looking?

Their all for sale!

Hoiw much for your .223??

If you enjoyed reading about "Ammo is all out!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!