gp100 3" holster

PDA

Revolver Ocelot
January 12, 2009, 11:53 AM
I've got a 3" gp100 thats gonna get some custom work soon, its goona have custom grips so I was hoping to get a custom holster made before to long but I'm having trouble deciding not only which maker but which method of carry would work best (iwb is out).

it doesn't have to conceal that well as if I should carry it it'd be in the winter months underneath a fairly long coat so it'd be hard to see anyways.

any suggestions?

If you enjoyed reading about "gp100 3" holster" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
researchdoc
January 12, 2009, 01:25 PM
If you want Sunday Suit grade.. go with a good OWB pancake or slide from Mernickle or Tucker, great quality.. there are some others out there as well that are top shelf.
If you want a good leather holster for not a ton of money... you can get the Don Hume JIT slide (#7 for the GP100 or 686).
For winter I carry my 2.5" 686 in that on a Beltman belt... don't even know it is there and it pulls the gun in tight, hides it good. Runs about $25.

ArchAngelCD
January 13, 2009, 04:03 AM
I like and use a DeSantis (http://www.desantisholster.com/) Speed Scabbard which provides all day carry comfort.
I also like the holsters made by Simply Rugged (http://simplyrugged.com/leather_goods/index.html).

2ndamd
January 13, 2009, 09:49 AM
DeSantis, Simply Rugged, and the Don Hume JIT are all good options. The JIT does not cover the barrel but, it rides like a pretty darn good holster.

I have not tried any shoulder holsters except those cheap nylon ones from Ace Case. And it works okay. I think I like the OWB carry best.

Let us know what you find or try.

Revolver Ocelot
January 13, 2009, 10:07 AM
I'd like to be able to get some delfatti leather but I don't see that happening anytie in the near future, I'll look into the ones mentioned here and see what I turn up, thanks :)

If you enjoyed reading about "gp100 3" holster" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!