Central TX business that SUPPORTS concealed carry (with discounts)!!!

PDA

cpileri
January 12, 2009, 01:07 PM
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Uptown Liquor in any way, shape or form. i don't even shop there much. This post is completely unsolicited on their part.

In Harker Heights, TX; near Fort Hood/Killeen/Temple; on the south side of the 190E frontage road in the strip mall called "Shops at Modoc" is one of a chain of Uptown Liquor stores that displays prominently on their front window:

"CONCEALED HANDGUN LISCENCE HOLDERS 10% OFF EVERYTHING EVERYDAY!"

I thought this was so cool that I thought I'd post this, hoping other businesses would follow suit.

C-

If you enjoyed reading about "Central TX business that SUPPORTS concealed carry (with discounts)!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jbauch357
January 12, 2009, 01:11 PM
That's freakin awesome, I'd save a ton of money!

Unfotunately if a shop around these parts put up a sign like that they would likely go out of business thanks to the high concentration of anti's...

gladi8tr
January 12, 2009, 01:13 PM
That is near where i live thats why I love Texas

John828
January 12, 2009, 01:19 PM
I think it's a great way to let potential robbers know what to expect, at least the literate ones.

Bailey Guns
January 12, 2009, 01:40 PM
Next time I'm in Killeen visiting my son, I'll be sure to go there. That is definitely squared away!

(I just hope I don't get accidentally shot by some minimally trained CCW person)

:neener:

TxState101
January 12, 2009, 01:54 PM
Well, if that's what you're trying to avoid Bailey, definitely wear a Zorro mask and some gloves and be very loud and obstinate about what you want.

Wave your firearm around for good measure.

Ragnar Danneskjold
January 12, 2009, 01:56 PM
Nice, I wish it was something other than a liquor store though.

Bailey Guns
January 12, 2009, 02:07 PM
The sarcastic reference to a few other threads might have been lost on you, TxState101. Not sure.

TxState101
January 12, 2009, 02:08 PM
I'm hackin' on ya.

Bailey Guns
January 12, 2009, 02:21 PM
Oh... :o

If you enjoyed reading about "Central TX business that SUPPORTS concealed carry (with discounts)!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!