Why bother participating?

PDA

CentralTexas
January 12, 2009, 09:35 PM
This addresses a post made earlier that was closed a few minutes ago while I was typing a reply. I held a Glock 17 in my lap while I typed so it's gun related.

6 posts after the op, one insulting comment posted -"Tin Foil Hat", and one dismissive one saying that it will never happen.

I sometimes wonder why people bother to post thinking they are doing a good thing by doing so....

I think if Paul Revere had ridden through the High Road back in the day, a full one third would have told him "It will never happen" and "Is that Tri-Corner hat made of tinfoil?"

If you wish to disagree on THR at least make a case rather than one line...

If you enjoyed reading about "Why bother participating?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hso
January 12, 2009, 09:50 PM
While we try to provide a place for folks to discuss firearms related topics in a mature and civil manner, we still have trouble with folks that just can't resist being jerks.

I assume you're referring to the Ammunition Accountability thread in General I just closed. I was annoyed to see members behave in such a manner, even if the topic had been posted on scores of times previously. It would have been better if our members had simply said, "Seen it here before" or "I can't see it going anywhere since it's failed several times already" instead of playing the anonymous punk.

bikerdoc
January 12, 2009, 10:50 PM
I have said it before and I will restate it, I will not hesitate to report a knucklehead. Disaree if you do but be civil and state your case.
Some of the behavior and comments from a key board, would get some of these knuckleheads knocked out in a face to face situation. Hence my rule if I would not say it to your face I wont type it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Why bother participating?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!