RBCD ammuntion: How is it constructed?

PDA

Snowdog
September 27, 2003, 04:43 AM
I've been seeing this ammunition referred to more frequently as of late, yet can find very little info on its construction.
I scoured their website without finding any indication how it's made. I am under the impression it is prefragmented and similar in nature to Magsafe. Though not being one to assume, I would like to know.

Glaser ammunition offers both a silver line and blue line, constructed with #6 shot (silver) and #12 (blue) in copper jackets capped by a plastic sphere; got it.
Magsafe offers a variety of shotsizes, many jackets containing two or more different sizes, imbedded in epoxy; got it.

RBCD? Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

If you enjoyed reading about "RBCD ammuntion: How is it constructed?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Shawn Dodson
September 29, 2003, 11:20 AM
Click here to review US Patent 6,363,856 for RBCD ammunition (http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=/netahtml/search-bool.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=ptxt&s1=6,363,856&OS=6,363,856&RS=6,363,856)

If you enjoyed reading about "RBCD ammuntion: How is it constructed?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!