details of private party sale

PDA

matt_s07
January 15, 2009, 03:22 PM
I'm in VA and am possibly going to sell one of my guns to a friend. I know it is legal to sell to an individual. Are there any documents or whatnot that I need to transfer or have signed just to keep myself covered?

If you enjoyed reading about "details of private party sale" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Wisconsin_Trap
January 15, 2009, 03:36 PM
I live in wisconsin and nothing is required. But I just do type somthing up with name and address of the seller/buyer, gun serial # type of gun and purchase price. If I do not know the person to well I also ask that I be able to write their DL# on the form also. (You can never be to carefull or trust anyone to much when it comes to gun that the FBI has your name attached to.)

I ask for the DL# because that is a good way to cover your butt on making sure that the person you are selling to if of age to own the type of firearm.

I make a copy, keep one and give the other to the buyer.

If you enjoyed reading about "details of private party sale" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!