C&R license

PDA

michiganfan
September 27, 2003, 05:26 PM
applied about three months ago for a c&r. Got a cataloge today from ATF that lists all the c&r weapons, but no license in the envelope. Anybody know if this is the usual procedure and the license comes under another cover?

If you enjoyed reading about "C&R license" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Kingson
September 27, 2003, 05:35 PM
That's the way they do it. They send it out separate. Sometimes you get the licence first and sometimes you get the book first. You should see it relitivey soon, so get the copier warmed up and I hope that you like to be poor for awile because C&R gun are addicting.

michiganfan
September 27, 2003, 05:41 PM
between poor in money and poor in firepower well you know the right decision

DMK
September 27, 2003, 06:38 PM
What are you looking to get first michiganfan?

michiganfan
September 27, 2003, 07:05 PM
maybe an sks. any suggestions for a pistol

Gator
September 27, 2003, 07:20 PM
Welcome to the wonderful world of "Cruffling". I got mine about six years ago and have been broke since!

Here is something that has been tempting me lately:

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CSI&Product_Code=WALGUNPP&Category_Code=HG

BallisticTip
September 27, 2003, 07:42 PM
I need to get a C&R.

glocksman
September 27, 2003, 07:53 PM
Where do you get a 'bound book' to record your guns in?

I'm thinking about getting a C&R in the future, but what are the drawbacks to having one?

El Tejon
September 27, 2003, 08:10 PM
glock, 3 ring binder and some notebook paper.

michiganfan
September 27, 2003, 08:19 PM
Gator thanks for that heads up on centerfire I can tell its a good thing my bank acount is seperate from my wifes.

DMK
September 27, 2003, 09:59 PM
any suggestions for a pistol Yep! Argentine Sistema(www.southernohiogun.com might still have some), or Manhurin PP(www.centerfiresystems.com has these). Those are my two favorites.

The CZ-52(www.aimsurplus.com) and CZ-50(keep your eyes open at gunshows or auction sites) are excellent also.

DMK
September 27, 2003, 10:05 PM
I'm thinking about getting a C&R in the future, but what are the drawbacks to having one? Just three drawbacks: Keeping meticulous records of all your C&R purchases, having dificulty finding storage space for your vast, growing accumulation of firearms/surplus ammo and having difficulty paying off the credit cards.

Oh yea, and one more important thing. Sit down in a quiet place, look deep inside yourself and truthfully answer the question: How do I really feel about cosmoline? Lots and lots of gooey, sticky cosmoline. :scrutiny:

Chugach
September 27, 2003, 10:14 PM
Is three months a typical waiting period? Or does it vary regionally?

berettaman
September 27, 2003, 11:13 PM
It varies.I got mine in 63 days.I've heard some as little 16 days and some as long as 5-6 months.Depending if you get your paperwork right the first time which is simple.:D

Greg L
September 27, 2003, 11:41 PM
any suggestions for a pistol

CZ52, it will run you about $100 (plus shipping) from a few different suppliers now.

Is three months a typical waiting period? Or does it vary regionally?

I got mine 17 days after I mailed off the paperwork. I figured that it was because I was already on a whole bunch of lists and that "they" already knew that I was essentially harmless :eek: .

Sit down in a quiet place, look deep inside yourself and truthfully answer the question: How do I really feel about cosmoline? Lots and lots of gooey, sticky cosmoline.

No kidding, after a few of those Albanian SKS' from AIM, I'm ready to write a book on cosmo removal.

Greg

Chugach
September 28, 2003, 02:27 AM
Crufflerhood, here we come!

DMK
September 28, 2003, 11:57 AM
For those of you browsing to this thread and still doing this :confused:

Here are two excellent forums dedicated to collecting C&R firearms. They are very helpful folks at both places and have sections specifically created for C&R licence questions.

http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=337

http://pub113.ezboard.com/bparallaxscurioandrelicfirearmsforums

BenW
September 28, 2003, 12:33 PM
Where do you get a 'bound book' to record your guns in?

I use an Excel spreadsheet that you can get from here:

http://pub113.ezboard.com/fparallaxscurioandrelicfirearmsforumsfrm72.showMessage?topicID=278.topic

Note that you have to keep this in hardcopy as well and print it out each time you update it (basically just the last page) to be legal. I find it easier and neater than handwriting though.

Target Shooter
August 13, 2006, 12:33 AM
How do I get the form to apply for a C&R Liscense? I looked at the ATF website and could not find a link anywhere.

Gator
August 13, 2006, 04:04 AM
You have to request it online, or call them. You want Form 7 CR.

http://www.atf.treas.gov/forms/5300instructions.htm#5310

Target Shooter
August 13, 2006, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the info. I just requested one.

Mike

ilbob
August 13, 2006, 09:15 AM
I would caution you that the license arrives in a non-descript envelope that can easily be mistaken for junk mail and set aside by one's wife and not noticed for several weeks.

:)

Bruce333
August 13, 2006, 09:21 AM
ilbob's right. The license comes in a Blue envelope (someone recently said Green, so they may have changed) and is an odd size. Many people have set it aside and only find it later when going through their junk mail pile.

If you enjoyed reading about "C&R license" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!