Its back!

PDA

PvtPyle
January 16, 2003, 12:10 AM
After many weeks of being down so I could re-organize it, my web page is back. I added about 35 new uniforms, and the loadout spread sheet can now be down loaded from the page. I have offered a few other gear nuts and pros (including some SF guys fresh back from the Stan) room on my page for their loadout lists and gear theories as well as comments on their experiances with the current issued weapons in that climate. So be on the lookout for that soon.

Also, there is a page for field gear and oddball weapons (military only please). If you have an odd item, mag, frag, mine or a proto type firearm pic, please send it to me so I can get it up there. I am also thinking of doing a collections page so people with large collections of military weapons can show their stuff. I may even put up names if you really have to have your name with the pic (mostly it is to give the liberals nightmares).

Anyway, I hope this helps someone out there figure out what they have in their closet, or helps someone load their pack. All feedback is greatly appreciated!

http://pvtpyle.com

If you enjoyed reading about "Its back!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Blackhawk
January 16, 2003, 12:47 AM
All feedback is greatly appreciated! Mmmmokay!

Vietnam is one word.

More textual information about each of the uniforms you show would help.

Good job! :neener:

PvtPyle
January 16, 2003, 10:51 AM
Yeah it would help, but where would I put it?

Blackhawk
January 16, 2003, 12:07 PM
Put the descriptions right in the table cells where the links to the pictures are. Visitors will see a category heading (e.g., "North American) with a picture table below it with the individual cells containing links to pictures (e.g., "US Vietnam flight crew suit"), and below the link, a description in much smaller text.

The code might look something like this:<td width="20%" align="center"><!--mstheme--><font face="Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica"><font color="#660000"><b><a href="North%20American/US%20Viet%20Nam%20flight%20crew%20suit.jpg">US Vietnam flight crew suit</a></b></font><!--mstheme--><font size=2><br>Introduced in 1971 by the USAF, yadda, yadda, yadda.... </font></td>

Carlos
January 16, 2003, 06:42 PM
Excellent job on your website. I really like your pack, but already bought myself an Eagle Becker large.

Your packing list will prove valuable indeed.

Thanks.

CWL
January 16, 2003, 06:59 PM
Great site!

Great reference for when I paint my M1A stock. Thanks!

btw. You may want to move Uruguay back to So. America. ;)

PvtPyle
January 16, 2003, 08:14 PM
Hey, what can I say? America learns geography thru the wars it has fought. I dont remember fighting one there so they are not high on my "to do" list:p Thanks for noticing and I will make sure I do that.

blades67
January 16, 2003, 08:46 PM
There's no "a" in experience.

Alot had changed in the last few months in regards to my load out.

There should be a space between the "a" and the "l", it's spelled "a lot" and is better replaced with the word "much" if writing a paper for credit.

Good work on the site.

CWL
January 16, 2003, 09:01 PM
Pvt Pyle.

Your "Mystery Camo #3" is Royal Cambodian Army, issued after 1992. Royal Cambo patch on arm verifies it.

PvtPyle
January 17, 2003, 09:58 AM
Hey thanks for pointing that out! I wouldn't know the Cambodian royal anything if it sat on my head and wiggled. Anyone else with keen eyes see anything I should fix?

Zip06
January 17, 2003, 07:45 PM
PVT Pyle - You have accumulated some nice gear, very nice gear. Listen to your CO about gear. When I was in the 101st we were deployed on a training mission and a young trooper had previously purchased a Kelty military model pack and was using it. His squad leader said he didn't notice, neither did the platoon sgt. Nice harnass, nice everything until one of the straps broke. Luckily we had some extra gear due to an injury and that was the only thing saving the trooper from an Article 15 or worse. This is not intended to be a flame, listen to your CO.

beemerb
January 17, 2003, 08:28 PM
I don't know if it is a setting on my computer but I have to scroll right and left to read all the text.
Nobody else said anything so where do I change the setting?
Bob

Ed Brunner
January 17, 2003, 09:20 PM
Right click on your Desktop, click on Properties, click on Settings tab. I have a 17' monitor with the screen area set at 1024 x 768 and I dont have to scroll side to side. Use a smaller setting for a smaller screen and larger for larger screen.
Let me know if you need help.

PvtPyle
January 18, 2003, 05:53 PM
I listen to all of the BTDT's and wont take some gear that has not been proven in combat.

PvtPyle
January 21, 2003, 12:29 AM
If you go to my site, make sure you throw a comment in the box for me. Good or bad, lets here what you liked or didn't like about it. I have had 1500 hits in 5 days and only a few comments. So please take the time and let me know what's on your mind. Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Its back!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!