Hit the report button!!

PDA

bikerdoc
January 16, 2009, 05:37 PM
Have noticed an increase in snide, smart butt, insulting, and baiting, trolling, wise guy behavior lately that is definately not HIGHROAD. If you disagree do so with good logical rebutal, or just move on to another topic
I wont tolerate it. Especially when you do it to people I respect.
I have hit the report button more this month than in the past year.

Smarten up people, The mods dont play. You want stupid, go watch Maury, and stop cluttering up my forum with unproductive comments.
Im home all day recovering and have plenty of time on my hands.
A word to the wise.......

Rant over

Doc

If you enjoyed reading about "Hit the report button!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
vetts1911
January 16, 2009, 07:57 PM
I couldn't agree with you more.

Thanks,

Chris

Larry Ashcraft
January 16, 2009, 08:47 PM
I agree, hit that report button! We few mods can't possibly keep an eye on all threads, all the time. We count on our members to help us out.

gp911
January 16, 2009, 11:29 PM
I'm reporting this thread due to its threatening tone. :p

Actually its good to know the report button isn't a nuisance to the mods. Thanks for the heads up, bikerdoc.

gp911

Larry Ashcraft
January 16, 2009, 11:45 PM
Actually its good to know the report button isn't a nuisance to the mods.
Not at all. It's a very useful tool. Please use it!

theken206
January 16, 2009, 11:52 PM
couldnt agree more

and bwahahahaha at "You want stupid, go watch Maury,"

"dat baby not mine murrrey, dont even look like me murrrey"

WNTFW
January 17, 2009, 09:50 AM
bikerdoc,
Exactly. I have had my mouse hover over that button while contemplating if a post or poster warrant a ! click.
This place will be what we make of it. I like to think I treat other as good or better than I expect to be treated.
Thanks,
WNTFW

JImbothefiveth
January 17, 2009, 04:32 PM
I have a question: If I'm not sure whether a post is non-highroad, should I still report it?

bikerdoc
January 17, 2009, 05:59 PM
yes, even if doubtful alert the mods they will make the final decision.

greenr18
January 30, 2009, 09:00 PM
I'm actually sick of the paranoia and 'flame-wars' here, I used to love this place but if people are going to be snide and malicious, I might as well forget about THR. I've met a lot of very nice people here, but I've also unfortunately observed and dealt with a lot of trolls I just don't want to put up with it.

Kat144
January 30, 2009, 11:47 PM
I've actually started posting here more since becoming tired of the nasty politics BS that is becoming way rampant at another (more local to me) board I frequent...so thanks for the friendlier atmosphere here, folks. I was coming pretty close to saying "screw it" to guns altogether because of that other place.

Larry Ashcraft
January 30, 2009, 11:50 PM
greenr18,

I don't remember ever getting a reported post from you. If you're seeing all this stuff, why aren't you reporting it?

greenr18
January 31, 2009, 10:52 AM
I dunno Larry but I should

Bozo
January 31, 2009, 06:54 PM
The one thing that I seem to see a lot of lately is the amount of off topic or off color type threads. And for whatever reason they all seem to be started by newer members.

hso
February 1, 2009, 02:07 AM
New members come to THR with a different culture than the one we foster. We can absorb them and have them adapt to our culture or we can have our culture changed by them. Since the core of what THR is about is to provide a unique board where civil discussions take place within the firearms community it is in of our own self interest to both mentor new members and use the http://thehighroad.org/images/buttons/report.gif to help preserve the culture here.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hit the report button!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!