Is this legal to carry in Texas: Kershaw Blur

PDA

nathan
January 16, 2009, 06:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqQuD5ACpkg

If you enjoyed reading about "Is this legal to carry in Texas: Kershaw Blur" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
fireman 9731
January 16, 2009, 06:21 PM
I have no idea, but it is absolutely a great knife!

I have carried the same Kershaw blur with the tanto/serrated blade for over 3 years now without a single problem, and i'm not easy on my knives!

One thing you might do though, is go to Wal-mart (thats where I got mine) and see if the sell it, usually if Wal-mart sells it, its legal to carry.

Wolfebyte
January 16, 2009, 11:53 PM
Basically it depends on the officer that stops you at the time..

Had an Lt. tell me that my Kershaw 1560 was legal since it didn't meet the letter of the law (Texas) as in that it did not open by depressing a button on the side of the knife.

("Switchblade knife" means any knife that has a blade that folds, closes, or retracts into the handle or sheath, and that:

(A) opens automatically by pressure applied to a button or other device located on the handle; or

(B) opens or releases a blade from the handle or sheath by the force of gravity or by the application of centrifugal force.)

3 days later, a Sgt saw me cutting some marking twine for a fios and told me that if he caught me carrying it he would file on me for carrying a switchblade. I told him that I had already discussed it with the Lt and it was not a switchblade.

Basically he told me that I might beat the charge, but I would not beat the ride.

I carry a CRKT M16-10 now.. with the flipper I can open it just as fast..

nathan
January 17, 2009, 12:39 AM
This is the problem in Texas. The law is vague on the edge weapons but no problem with concealed handguns.

If you enjoyed reading about "Is this legal to carry in Texas: Kershaw Blur" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!