I heard a rumor

PDA

divemedic
January 16, 2009, 07:59 PM
I was teaching class today, and one of my students told me that Beretta, USA bought Glock. She stated that a friend working the SHOT show sent her a text to that effect. Anyone else heard this?

If you enjoyed reading about "I heard a rumor" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Double Naught Spy
January 16, 2009, 08:29 PM
No, and I have followed several blogs from the show.

Beretta USA purchased all of Glock? I highly doubt it.

If correct, your student's friend apparently has more insight than a bunch of folks who are attending the show and keeping blogs of what they learn, including some who are working at the show as well. Once again, I highly doubt it.

divemedic
January 16, 2009, 09:05 PM
I thought so. I told the student that I would think it more likely that Glock would be buying Beretta.

Maybe she meant Detective Tony Baretta (http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0038612/) bought A Glock?

Pulse
January 16, 2009, 09:26 PM
well Beretta just got a new 220$ million Contract from the US Army.
so they do have some spare cash..

ConstitutionCowboy
January 16, 2009, 09:28 PM
Why would Glock sell out? Isn't it doing well? Are not Glocks still selling like hot cakes?

Woody

MAKster
January 16, 2009, 09:47 PM
As noted, Beretta just signed a contract with the U.S. Army for up to 450,000 more 92FS pistols. I wonder if that will finally kill the constant talk about the military adopting a new pistol!

If you enjoyed reading about "I heard a rumor" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!