Close it

PDA

JImbothefiveth
January 17, 2009, 03:34 PM
I'm thinking we should close the AHSA 50 caliber thread http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?p=5254464#post5254464 . AHSA is an anti-gun group, as they push for anti-gun legislation(Outlawing private sales, outlawing .50 firearms, and before the presidential campaign started they pushed for a hollowpoint ban and "assault weapon" ban(real assault rifles are already illegal to manufacture for civilian use) but have never opposed even one new gun law or pushed for new pro-gun laws, and I don't think they need any extra publicity.

If you enjoyed reading about "Close it" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Carl N. Brown
January 17, 2009, 03:47 PM
AHSA needs publicity. People need to be aware that AHSA was founded in 2005 by the likes of John Rosenthal of the Massachusetts "Stop Handgun Violence" group who feel America needs Massachusetts style gun laws,
AHSA is little more than a Potemkin gun club: a website and press releases astroturf (fake grassroots movement). We need to know that.

JImbothefiveth
January 17, 2009, 04:04 PM
A sticky about the AHSA might be a good thing. I can get old versions of their website where they advocated hollowpoint and "assault weapon" bans.

Art Eatman
January 18, 2009, 11:56 PM
Start a thread, maybe, AHSA = Anti-gun, with a brief, objective opening post in the General forum. Give particulars, but don't over-elaborate.

We can see how it goes.

JImbothefiveth
January 20, 2009, 06:39 PM
I have the thread posted in general, and (believe I edited away all the spelling errors). It's titled "AHSA" Please make any suggestion while I can still edit the post. Thanks!
Here it is http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=421719

JImbothefiveth
January 21, 2009, 04:22 PM
Could the moderators please compose one? I tried, but some people side tracked it, saying that just because they used to support an AWB but conveniently took it down before political campaigning started, doesn't mean those same people want an AWB.

Edit: never mind, I see it's stickied. To give the thread it's desired effect, I'd like it if the moderators could address a few points I never got to, please PM me for more info.

If you enjoyed reading about "Close it" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!